Unlurking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaidyn

Reaction score
Hello! I've been floating around here reading for a couple of months. I did a quick and dirty mead recipe last year, using a gallon jug of distilled water, 3 pounds of honey, bread yeast, and some raisin for nutrient. I split the batch into 3, keeping one plain, racking onto vanilla beans in another, and onto rose petals in the third. They all turned out so incredible that I decided this is a hobby I want to keep pursuing. Some brew equipment for Christmas, and here I am! Currently, in primary I have 1 gallon of ginger wine, and 1 gallon of orange clove mead, both fermenting quite prettily. Tonight, I'm going to see if I can burn myself carmelizing sugar to use in a caramel apple cider. (Not sure if accident prone in the kitchen + brewing is a good idea!) Before the end of the week, I hope to have a bochet going (in a gallon), and fill my 6.5 gallon carboy with a vanilla cinnamon mead.

Back