Unique things to do with your corpse after you die...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I told my wife to just dump me in a ditch somewhere and wave whenever she drives by.

I'm not going to care.

Since I'm being cremated, I told my wife just to put my ashes in a mason jar and stick me on a shelf somewhere. I said that way when she got mad at me, she could just pick up the jar and shake the sh*t out of it.

I liked the fireworks display. Because who doesn't want to go out with a bang with dozens of onlookers cheering?

The wife did not like this idea for the cat. Hopefully it didn't give her any ideas...

Pencil sharpener.jpg

I kinda like the Bio Urn thing.

Or maybe I'll get cremated and send my ashes to Keith Richards to snort (he did that once, didn't he?). Dude's probably gonna outlive me anyway. :cross:

Interesting. I'd heard of a few of these options, but a few were new to me. I'm kind of torn between a couple of options: I'd really like to be placed in cryo-suspension, maybe placed in a high orbit till I can be revived Buck Rogers style, but obviously that's not realistic. I would kind of like to be fed to the bears in Yellowstone, or Alaska, but I'm sure there are laws against that sort of thing. I kind of like the idea of being mulched & fed to a tree though; part of me would become part of the tree. Not quite reincarnation, but part of me would live on in the tree. My friends & relatives could come visit me/my tree, picnic in my shade & remember me, maybe even talk to me. It's a nice concept.
Regards, GF.

Interesting. I'd heard of a few of these options, but a few were new to me. I'm kind of torn between a couple of options: I'd really like to be placed in cryo-suspension, maybe placed in a high orbit till I can be revived Buck Rogers style, but obviously that's not realistic. I would kind of like to be fed to the bears in Yellowstone, or Alaska, but I'm sure there are laws against that sort of thing. I kind of like the idea of being mulched & fed to a tree though; part of me would become part of the tree. Not quite reincarnation, but part of me would live on in the tree. My friends & relatives could come visit me/my tree, picnic in my shade & remember me, maybe even talk to me. It's a nice concept.
Regards, GF.

Possibly something like this? http://elitedaily.com/envision/burial-pods-replace-graves-bodies-fertilize-trees/946061/

Regards, GF.

For years I've told my family that I want my corpse to be consumed by wildlife. I haven't figured out how to do this yet but I'm in no hurry.

I used to be a funeral director.

I want to be dropped in the ground and that's it. Pump me full of chemicals and I will haunt you.

Really, it may be vain but why are we doing this? It's gross.

Obligatory viking funeral post. Nothing beats a good bon-fire, why not combine that with a funeral?

Optional: Dress me in a Darth Vader costume.

Back