Unbelievable.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InityBrew

Reaction score
This is long, but is incredible. For those wanting a quick laugh, please scroll to the bottom first.

So, I work in recruiting and brought this applicant in for a warehouse job and have our email communications listed below. He was ok in the interview ($10 hour warehouse job) so i sent him to meet with a client. He ran late to the interview, still got an offer, and turned it down. at that point, i was ready to move on..

His first email.. about 2 hours after the interview.. (this is after i offered, and he turned down the job)

I just got another phone call for that other company in malvern for another interview. The one I was telling you I'm waiting to get the details on. Tomorrow at 10AM in Malvern. So I don't want to waste y'all's time with this assignment. You can go ahead and tell Bub or bob whatever his face is thanks but no thanks he can find someone else. And that these people didn't say my resume was scattered and they going to pay $14/hr for less work lol. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know about anything $12+ Preferably more is always the goal. Thanks for your time much appreciated. I'm trying to progress though financially so nothing against y'all but of course I'm going to go with the highest paying opportunity I can get. I'd be foolish not to.

Trilly & Truly

XXX

My response:

Hi XXX,

Thanks for the update. I will let Bob know that you are not interested.

Also, for future reference, I really think that you should work on the professionalism of your emails. Referring to someone as "whatever his face" or "dude" is not the most professional way to go about things. Frankly, if you were to send this email to a prospective employer, they would immediately take you out of the running for the position because of this lack of professionalism.

In addition, I hope that you do not take offense to this email, and that you could learn from it.

Good luck with the interview, and good luck with your job search.

Thank you,

Me

His 2nd response.. 1 hour later:

I completely understand 100% you are correct. I'll take that as constructive feedback. Thank you; No offense taken. I couldn't remember his name. He was kind of condescending and you seemed cool I didn't think it would matter to "you" but that's no excuse. Of course I wouldn't say that to an employer. I'm smarter then that. I was just trying to relay the message quickly I'm busy driving. I wasn't trying to be rude or offend you yourself but I guess I did and I apologize big guy. K hope you have a good day don't feel bad I didn't mean anything by it.
Thanks again

Sincerely,

XXX

Later that day...

I just parked up my car. I was on the highway with busy traffic. I wasn't worried about a frivolous email to the middleman telling you "no" to an assignment. I mean, if I had said yes, it would be a different situation and I wouldn't of said it like that but you were in a rush for me to start today. A half day at that? I mean, you could of told me yesterday so I was prepared today. If you want to talk about professionalism. Who starts a half day anyway? Y'all eat off the temps checks. It's your job to make us look good and gas us up to employers so you can get a cut and it's our job to be reliable, show up everyday and get the job done. Also, just so you know that's not an issue. I've never had a problem with that in my life. However, I definitely see from that last one why you would be concerned but nevertheless thanks for your opinion and I'll do my best to work on it progress and better myself in the future. Feel free to contact me. Otherwise, I shall be in touch. Hope you have a marvelous day.

XXX

and again...

Your the only one that's ever called me unprofessional but you don't really know me so it's a false perception.

Sent from my iPhone

Two days later...

1st off I just want to apologize for the phone and email situations. I got upset about the phone thing because you were calling my parents house and my dad's cell phone and I hardly ever stay there so when u did that they were freaking out on me, blowing up my dead phone while I was trying to charge it to call you all while I was driving too you. So when my phone turned back on I had all these notifications... I don't need or want that and neither do they that's not their responsibility. Then on top of that you refused to verify that you erased all those numbers from your system that you had for me on file except the "XXXXXXXXX" one and became very defensive. They told me why did you put our numbers in their database?? And personally asked me to ask you to delete them. which I don't believe you did. I didn't want to put them in the first place but when doing the application in your office it wouldn't allow me to go to the next screen without filling in those boxes. Plus you didn't even give me any leeway 5-10 mins before u called every number and you justified to me when I called you back. I understand where your coming from business wise but I'm a man of my word and I said I'd be there exactly as I was. I feel you made something out of nothing just to put your 2 cents in with that professionalism statement. Plus Bub still kept me waiting 15 mins and managed to rub me the wrong way with looks and slick comments. I didn't like his attitude and the way he came off to me period that's that. With his Marlboro Red Smoking Hillbilly self, that's how I feel. I don't want to work for a loser like that. He wasn't professional he didn't even ask me anything positive everything was negative like he was interrogating me or something. So why should I be worried about calling him what's his face I thought we are suppose to be on the same side lol.. he can kick rocks barefoot. I didn't say what I said with out reason. As far as the email situation goes if that's how you feel about my etiquette that's cool but I don't have a problem with that. I treat people how they treat me and your not my boss anyway nor have I got one assignment or check from y'all so that doesn't make a difference and seems like it was just criticism because you emotionally felt some sort of way about what I said to keep it trill with you. However I'm willing to start over clean slate with you but again that is entirely up to you. Although You didn't reply to my other emails so I am assuming you want nothing to do with me. However, If that's not the case... I Just wanted to touch base with you after that interview I had. I honestly don't know what to expect because they seemed hung up on my education and the fact that I studied multi media, visual communications, and graphic design. So they feel like if I find something in my field since I'm only 26 that I will leave and they would have trained me for nothing. So I feel skeptical that they are even going to hire me. However, they said they would let me know within a week or so. Yet I have bills and my own life situations to deal with and can't wait around for people to make up there mind I'm looking for more opportunities. Preferably office ones. Like I said if the money is right ill do wear house preferably shipping I can do receiving but I rather ship and not deal with as much frivolousness for the chump change. I'm not trying to make a career out of this kind of work. Labor is for the birds and I'm smarter then that. I'm just getting frustrated because everything I've seen with these agencies is low balling and wants too much for too little or something along those lines and it doesn't look like any growth life changing experience or opportunity is available not to mention the jumping thru hoops is getting old with the unfulfilled promises.. The place I interviewed at It's in Frazer and is a wear house but just like you told me same applies to you and I am not at liberty to disclose the information of the name of the company etc. to you.
Again sorry if this seemed rude but I also feel you misinterpreted a lot of the emotion through text. None of this is even a big deal.

Hope you have a excellent day
AWWREADYY ✌️
A. $tiZz
Sent from my iPhone

three days later:

I did not get that job for the interview in Frazer/Malvern I was telling you about for exactly the reason I told you. They liked me a lot but they were worried about my education being in a different field. That I would leave if I found something else,so why train me is what they were thinking. Which I kind of understand but it still doesn't make sense and sounds like some bs. why interview and waste my time then? I guess they were looking for a labor guy with no back ground and no ambition, so he could stay there in the warehouse for a long time and not worry about retraining anybody else idk? But wanted you to know. So what's new? Any other opportunities besides the one with Bub you had me interview? It's hard to believe that you only had one available opening for such a successful staffing company in the past few weeks. Let me know. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

a day later..

Hello, it's been a while and I have yet to hear a reply from you and I already apologized so idk what else you expect me to say. Any opportunities available? Maybe we could start fresh? I also went to submit my resume at a few places and noticed you took Randstad out completely. I never gave you permission to do that either. Hope to hear good news from you. Take care.

XXX

Sent from my iPhone

See Below for the rest..!!!

Cocaine is a helluva drug!

That's someone who will spend his life convinced that the reason he's never gotten ahead is because the system is keeping him down.

I love the "and with my diamonds" part. Hilarious.

Apparently this guy is Scrooge McDuckin' in a silo of diamonds.

Part 2... this gets good..

Could you at least have the decency to email me back as a man? After all, I did everything you asked except take your corny condescending feedback and I was still early for that interview and I humbly apologized for being rude which I didn't have to. I personally don't care how you feel about me. Vice versa, I know you don't care about how I feel about you. So let's skip the fake stuff because the feeling is mutual. I don't have anything against you. I just didn't like what you did. You're not slick and just because I'm younger than you does not mean I will let you talk to me any old way that you feel especially when you have no strings attached to me or my life whatsoever. I was going through a hard time and you weren't paying me anyway. However, you had no right to call all those phone numbers and bother my family that I don't even stay with. When I clearly establish that fact to use my cell phone only. I tried to reason with you. I've been given the runaround and the cold shoulder and been given excuses and have been lied to on top of having my valuable time wasted and being called unprofessional which is exactly how you're acting. So, if you don't email me back this time I will be forced and have no other option then to file a complaint with corporate and get my lawyer and police involved for a lawsuit against you for discrimination because over this petty argument you have no reason not to place me on an assignment. Nor do you have a reason to not do your job correctly and reply to me with a logical explanation as to why you were ignoring me besides the fact what I said was the truth and it hurt your feelings and you just plain and simple don't like me. I've never let you down nor been given the opportunity to. I could go on and on but I'm going to leave it at that and let my actions speak for themselves.

Good Day.

Then my reply.

Hi XXX

First of all I would like to apologize if there was any miscommunication on my end. However, at this time I think it would be best for us to part ways professionally.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks,

and then this... the finally.

**** u then you ugly aXX dusty no ***** gettin unfresh hoe aXX lame sucka mu****a eat a dXXk trick, how bout dat?! your loss I don't want your petty 10-12$/hr money anyway and hate to break it to yuh but you are as far from professional as it comes. your mama must be disappointed in u... I'm in Texas anyway just wanted to watch your scary hoe ass reaction if I didn't threaten you you would of still ignored me even if I was nice as **** too you... and with my diamonds I could buy your house u broke fool u ain't worth a damn wing dinner bXtch you a hatin aXX white boy u kno dat
✌️✌️✌️ then and good riddance I hope you loose your job cuz u ****ing suck terribly at it ****in west chester weirdo u soft

Sent from my iPhone

Wow.

Loved the "trill" part.

If i were u i would create a new email, something like [email protected] and just start sending him messages about positions...then lost the screenshots here. Hahaha

Thank you for this!

I will be forced and have no other option then to file a complaint with corporate and get my lawyer and police involved for a lawsuit against you

LMFAO Police AND Lawyers....now you're in trouble...LOL

That is amazing, you know dat?

Wow. This guy flew off the handle really quick. I must say though. He certainly displays his professionalism well... :drunk:

Idk what you are all talking about, sounds like a stand up citizen, I can't believe he is unemployed.

He sounds lonley and insecure. I feel sorry for that guy.

The OPs first reply email was harsh and condescending. That is what set him off. It is provocative to label someone as unprofessional if they grew up with a low level of education or if they have a poor self image.

The second reply should have come much earlier to hold it off that long for whatever reason or office amusement is unprofessional.

I'm sure our tax dollars will be heading towards this fine young man soon if they haven't already. He's gotta stay iced out you know.

I'll agree that he sounds insecure but I've got no sympathy for him. You don't get mad at someone pointing out your flaws. I don't get mad at the mirror for pointing out that I'm a fat bald guy.

As for needing a reply, that's just another manifestation of his insecurities.

He sounds lonley and insecure. I feel sorry for that guy.

The OPs first reply email was harsh and condescending. That is what set him off. It is provocative to label someone as unprofessional if they grew up with a low level of education or if they have a poor self image.

The second reply should have come much earlier to hold it off that long for whatever reason or office amusement is unprofessional.

He is from a wealthy area, and has his associates degree in graphic design (which his parents paid for). He just needs to grow l and to stop axe-ing like a thug.

Also, I provided him with professional advise and stand by the fact that my comment was not condescending and was geared towards helping him.

He actually acknowledged that in the first email, but quickly got upset as the day went on.

Either way, he is crazy and now lives in Texas.

But...but...but.....the world OWES him a job. He entitled to one because he has a higher education and that's what the professors say. Wait....you mean they were wrong? You mean.....it's up to me?! ****.

InityBrew said:
He is from a wealthy area, and has his associates degree in graphic design (which his parents paid for). He just needs to grow l and to stop axe-ing like a thug. Also, I provided him with professional advise and stand by the fact that my comment was not condescending and was geared towards helping him. He actually acknowledged that in the first email, but quickly got upset as the day went on. Either way, he is crazy and now lives in Texas.

Fair enough. Its just that with people like that criticism needs to be worded carefully. Or what the f do i know? Maybe it's better if people don't pander to those sorts or they may never learn.

He is from a wealthy area, and has his associates degree in graphic design (which his parents paid for). He just needs to grow l and to stop axe-ing like a thug.

Also, I provided him with professional advise and stand by the fact that my comment was not condescending and was geared towards helping him.

He actually acknowledged that in the first email, but quickly got upset as the day went on.

Either way, he is crazy and now lives in Texas.

that's the way I interpreted it as well. and no sympathy here either. if my toothless mug can get a job with tattoos around my throat, down all my fingers, and both sides of my head on account of my professionalism, I'm willing to bet this ****** nozzle could get one too if he actually tried.

that's the way I interpreted it as well. and no sympathy here either. if my toothless mug can get a job with tattoos around my throat, down all my fingers, and both sides of my head on account of my professionalism, I'm willing to bet this ****** nozzle could get one too if he actually tried.

Exactly, I expect a recruiter/employment agent to tell me what I might do to increase my chances of landing the job.

But then, with all my diamonds, I don't need a job.

One place where education in America is lacking is in practical things like interview etiquette etc. our subject here is a prime example.

I will say, though, just to place devils advocate, that I gave found the behavior of SOME staffing agencies and recruiters to be unbelievably unprofessional and downright annoying.

Sorry, after a decade in my field I don't need a tutorial on how to shake hands and I have absolutely no interest in a contract to hire position in south jersey.

I managed to reduce one yutz to tears and sent the president of another agency an email demanding I be taken out of CRM because of the poor behavior of the recruiters under him.

Back