Ultimate Sparge Arm on a Keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatleetboy

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to mount a More Beer Ultimate Sparge Arm on a Keggle?

I'm concerned that it is designed to only fit over the narrow wall of a standard pot. MoreBeer advises me that "The sparge arm may fit around the neck of the keggle, but it depends on how wide a hole you cut on the top of the keg. In some cases I have seen customers have to cut an inlet into the neck so they can fit the sparge arm onto the kettle.". I am not sure whether to do this, or have the mounting plate modified.

I am curious as to whether anyone else has tried doing this, if there are solutions you can share... Pictures would also help.

Thanks.

I was searching for an answer to this question. What did you end up doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

It turns out that this product requires some modification to fit on a keggle, it is designed for a narrow walled vessel. My quick solution worked, so I didn't go to the trouble of proceeding with this incredible looking sparge arm.
My quick solution was to grab a Cuisinart Steamer Pot insert (at a thrift store, $3). It works perfectly IMHO. Not as sexy as the Ultimate Sparge Arm, but it works!

Products8331-800x800-482247.jpg

$147 savings! Sure the other looks fancy, but think of the malt your could buy for that kind of money.

Are you fly sparging or batch. If you fly sparge here is a really simple do it yourself sparge arm I made that i am getting 90 percent efficiency withImageUploadedByHome Brew1402412559.128636.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1402412623.450410.jpg

Pleas excuse my dyslexia

Are you fly sparging or batch. If you fly sparge here is a really simple do it yourself sparge arm I made that i am getting 90 percent efficiency withView attachment 204873View attachment 204874

I like this copper fly sparge arm you made. Looking at the pics it's hard to tell what you used to clamp to the pipe and rest on the edge of the keggle.
Can you help me with this please?
Jason

Ive looked into some of these sparge arms. I just cant pull the trigger for the prices. I will end up making something down the road out of copper most likely, but for now, my colander does a fantastic job.

Latest posts

Back