uKeg faucet replaceable?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growabeard

Reaction score
Hello folks!
I got a ukeg 64 oz as a gift and I was looking at the faucet. I was curious if the faucet is interchangeable with other faucets.
I don't need to replace it now for any reason. Just maybe in the future if I want to play with nitro and ball lock lid with beer gas...?
I just don't have a keg setup so I have no experience with faucets.

My boys gifted me a Ukeg 64 a couple of years ago. It has a tiny faucet which mounts to a tiny shank in a novel manner compared to standard faucets and beer shanks. So I doubt you could fit a non Growlerwerks faucet to a Ukeg - 64 or 128...

Cheers!

pretty sure it's proprietary.

I have a "Super Handy" keg with the same kinda set up. Faucet looks traditional style but is smaller.

I have a "Super Handy" keg with the same kinda set up. Faucet looks traditional style but is smaller.
I know this is a bit off topic, but I've been thinking about getting one of those so this is good to know. How do you like it? Does it really stay cold as long as advertised? Is there any way to fill it other than just pouring in through the open lid?

nope, just gotta pour it in the lid. I use a hose on my faucet, like filling any other growler.

It stays cold a while. I set it on my counter with the lid off and the cold water gained about 8 degrees from refrigerator cold in 24 hours.

I do leave it in the fridge all the time so that the double wall gets fully cold.

Back