uhhhh, hi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrZ2U

Reaction score
I am brand new to the gig…so new in fact that I cant even brew yet for lack of all the gear…and lack of free funds to get there just yet. I have three children and my wife that seem to be much more expensive than I imagined :)

Just the same, I own some stuff now so I am in…

I am kinda working in reverse on getting the gear with the thinking that I will have a place for my beer before brewing a drop. Bottling was never going to happen…didn’t and don’t want to do that!

I just came into a good deal on CraigsList so now I have a kegerator with a single tap tower, a 15gal keg and three 20lb Co2 canisters.

I need new hoses as there are none and I didn’t get a regulator which is simple enough. Thinking I dont need three Co2 canisters though...fiigure I can sell or trade my way out of those and into a few kegs and the missing parts...

...its a start.

Unless your planning on brewing 10-15 gallons at a time, you may want to look into converting your kegerator to a cornelius keg setup. Corny kegs hold 5 gallons which is perfect for most homebrewers. Yeah, I can't imagine you needing 3 CO2 canisters. I would think 1 or 2 tops is all you need. Just ask Santa for a basic homebrewing kit and you should be ready to go.

Oh, definitely…three corny are the target. I plan on selling/trading two of those canisters to get the kegs, regulator and hoses I need. If I don’t sell or trade the keg I may cut it up and make a kettle.

I may even sell/trade this kegerator since having another proper fridge would be more practical for me and I really don’t care about the tower tap all that much either...

You aren't going to run out of gas anytime soon with that much capacity -Welcome!

How ridiculous is this...I got bored last night waiting on some software installs so I started rubbin on one of those tanks.

What do ya’ll think about a mirror polished aluminum Co2 canister :)

Sometimes I don’t even understand what motivates me but it seems apparent that I am fascinated by shiny objects

Back