Uh Oh...Uneven floor/kegerator door warped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BVilleggiante

Reaction score
I moved my kegerator yesterday to a little studio off of my house that I've been remodeling. The studio is very old and the floors are uneven. I put my kegs in the kegerator yesterday in the studio and turned it on. Roughly 24 hours later I popped back into the studio and noticed that the door is now roughly 3/4 of an inch open at the bottom while the top is sealed tight. It looks like the door has warped due to the uneven floor? I took the kegs out and laid the kegerator on it's door in hopes that the door will unwarp and the seal will fit correctly again. Then I'll move the kegerator back and shim it so it's even. Has anyone had this happen? Can this be fixed the way I'm suggesting?

Hmmmm, it's doubtful that the door warped, more likely the cabinet that was holding all the weight, as the door is hanging from the cabinet, and supporting only it's weight.
So, you laid it over on it's front, to try and "square it up"?
Wait a day or two to plug it back in, once in it's normal position.

Were it me: Unload it, shim the low corner(s), and load it back up, and shim more accordingly, as needed.

That door should still be straight, unless the weight of the loaded fridge, was being supported by the edge of the door.

You can figure it out quickly, with a framing square, and a tape measure.

I agree that it is likely that the main body is deformed as opposed to the door.

Not all fridges are the same, but some do not like to be in any position except vertical unless for very brief periods. I do not know of this is old info, but I was told to keep fridges upright.

Back