uh-oh. one more carbonation problem topic.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuizArgh

Reaction score
Straigh to the pint: I bottled an Imperial IPA about a month ago with the exact same amount os sugar I use to prime all of my beers (8g/l). Problem: it has not carbonated at all. The problem is not the measurement of sugar, has I use a lab pipette as precise as tenths of mililiter. It's not the bottles or the caping either, as all of them have the same problem.

So... what else could it be? My guess is that the yeast just "gave up" (+8%ABV...). And more importanly: can I save the beer? A few years ago I had the same problem with a batch. I opened each bottle and added more sugar. It worked, but eventually they all became overcarbonated. If the problem is the yeast, however, doing that will only sweet the beers.

ideas?

Straigh to the pint: I bottled an Imperial IPA about a month ago with the exact same amount os sugar I use to prime all of my beers (8g/l). Problem: it has not carbonated at all. The problem is not the measurement of sugar, has I use a lab pipette as precise as tenths of mililiter. It's not the bottles or the caping either, as all of them have the same problem.

So... what else could it be? My guess is that the yeast just "gave up" (+8%ABV...). And more importanly: can I save the beer? A few years ago I had the same problem with a batch. I opened each bottle and added more sugar. It worked, but eventually they all became overcarbonated. If the problem is the yeast, however, doing that will only sweet the beers.

ideas?

get some carb tabs throw one in each time you drink... or open each bottle and throw in some dried yeast. a couple specks per bottle. then wait and see!

This happened to me b4 and i reopened and put some yeast and in and it worked. only a few caught a "cold."

oh yeah, before anyone say it: room temperature is 24ºC/75ºF.

and one more thing... there is a contest coming up may 26 and I was seriously planning to enter this beer (even with no gas, it's ******************ing damn good!!), so I gotta fix it until then...

Back