Ugly Betty - Bev-Air DD-22 Restoration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job. Found this exact model on CL and wondered if you recommend it.
With it being so old is it expensive to run?

I don't know how much it costs to run, but I have this, and a newer GE stainless fridge in my garage, and Ugly Betty doesn't seem to kick on any more than the the GE; how much juice she's pulling when she's running is a different story....

I didn't notice any huge spikes in my electric this year, and my bills were no higher compared to last year when I had the GE fridge and a newer model Haier kegerator in the garage.

Refrigerant R12 is very efficient.
Some think it is the perfect freon.
Has those darn ozone depleting CFC's though.

My thoughts exactly. R12 is a great refrigerant. It's too bad they had to discontinue it, but hey, they say the hole in the ozone is getting smaller...hahahahahahahaha

Very nice! I love the progress pics. Theres a double bev-air similar to that on craigslist in my area I'd like to do the same with.... No more room in this house though :(

So, I scored this off a CL ad for $315, delivered, and it also came with a micromatic regulator, aluminum Co2 tank, 2 ball lock kegs, and a keggle with weldless valve. Not the best deal, but a good enough one for me since I sold my old kegerator for $260, and made another $150 off of the tank and other parts that were now extras. So, I guess I actually made money on this deal, lol.

A member on here helped me determine that the compressor was made in 1969, so I am putting it at being made in 1969-1970. I have spent the last 5 weeks cleaning, scrubbing, polishing, grinding, bondoing, painting, and adding new hardware. I'm hoping to put her into service this weekend.

Here's what I started with:

I also have an old DD22 i want to bring to LIFE!! i havent plugged in or anything yet to know what all it needs. but it definately needs some tlc as far as looks go. i may have some questions for you when i get rolling. BTW yours looks AWESOME!!!

I have acquired a dd22 and was wondering where you could obtain a gasket. Nice build

Resurrection an oldie...

I recently scored a DD22 on craigslist in decent running condition for about $100. It's exterior and interior needs a bit of work before coming in the house.
Maybe helpful to some to know that model numbers BB/DD/MS coolers use the same manual. I'm still looking for a service manual, but attached is an owners manual.

Attachments

• GF-DD-BB-BM.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 30
Back