Ugggghhhhhh!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon

Reaction score
So there I was last night bottling my second batch of homebrew and it hit me. I didn't have enough bottle caps to finish off the batch! :eek: My LHBS was closed for the day, so I couldn't run & pick up more. So after bottling everything I could, I sealed the remaining brew in my bucket and set it aside. :mad:

So what do I do with the remaining brew? Will it be fine until I get more caps and can finish bottling? Help!!!

you should be just fine. I'm assuming you batch-primed, so you may waste a bit of initial carbonation as the yeasties start eating the priming sugar in your bottling bucket, but if it's only 24 hours, I wouldn't worry a bit. If you were conscientious about sanitation when bottling, and you said you sealed the bucket back up, you'll be fine.

Thanks for the info.

Another question: It will be Wed. before I can get more caps since my LHBS is closed today & tomorrow. Will I need to reprime or leave as is & bottle away?

If it were me, I'd leave it be for a bit longer and allow it to ferment all the priming sugar you added. Then when it's done, I'd reprime and bottle. Depending on how much you have left to bottle, it might only need an ounce or two. If you reprime before it finishes off, you might have bottle bombs. If you don't reprime, it might not carb. Better safe than sorry is my motto!

Back