Ugg, huge puddles around keggorator.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detz

Reaction score
I'm wondering if ice formed in there and it just melted? Is this normal, I was going to build it into a cabinet but if it's going to leak water I wont be able to do this.

Is it possible that the door is not fully closing? Or is there a leak in a beer line? Or do you have kids who pulled a pint when you weren't looking?

B

Is it possible that the door is not fully closing? Or is there a leak in a beer line? Or do you have kids who pulled a pint when you weren't looking?

B

It's not beer, I tasted it. :) There is a little hole in the door seal so maybe ice is forming because of that?

Double check the freezers drain plug. Even if its full of water it shouldn't leak, And it shouldn't be cold enough to develop ice on the outside.

Double check the freezers drain plug. Even if its full of water it shouldn't leak, And it shouldn't be cold enough to develop ice on the outside.

Yeah, I don't see any ice or water on the outside I just see puddles all around(like 1-2 liters). There were puddles in it too so I'm guessing it drained out the bottom.

I don't see a drain plug in there.

I think this is the issue:
iODhKT

It seems the previous owner cut a chunk out of this for some reason. Can I replace the entire striping(lowes?) or patch this somehow? My guess would be when it gets humid ice builds up inside and when it cools back down(the last couple of days) the ice melted.

Back