Uber Popular Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankjconway

Reaction score
Got an IPA, Pliny Clone, and Joe's Ancient Orange bottle conditioning. Fermenting Ed's Apfelwein and a Cabernet Wine (for my wife) right now. Tonight or this weekend, I'm going to take a shot at something like a Sea Dog blueberry wheat that I will keg (my first time kegging).

I'm starting to think beyond that and was wondering if there are any other hugely popular recipes on here, such as Ed's Apfelwein and Joe's Ancient Orange. With so much hype on those, I figured I'd give them a shot. Are there any other ones with such a "cult following" status. I'm up for trying just about anything.

I don't know about on here but some of the most popular internet recipes are:

Rye IPA - Denny Conn
Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Porter - Denny Conn
Evil Twin - Jamil Zainescheff
Sister Star of the Sun - Dave Brockington
Rochefort 8 Clone - Several, brought to US/English speaking audiences via Herman Holtrop
Pliny the Elder - Vinnie Cilruzo - distributed at NHC
Pliny the Elder - (McDole) - Slightly altered recipe that won Longshot - Mike Mcdole
Janet's Brown - Mike McDole

These have all been around for a while (well at least a couple years, some of them much longer) and still get talked about all over the web.

Thanks everyone! A few of these will keep me busy. I'm getting set up for kegging (just got 5 cornys, co2, etc.) and I want to get set up with a good variety for the summer.

Wow...I saved the Dogfish Head 60 Minute clone to try as soon as I get my equipment (the Extract conversion). Might be a tad complicated for my very first brew, but I'll probably end up trying it anyway. Looks way too good!

Back