Two Hearted VS Celebration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoHeart

TwoHeart
Reaction score
Two of my all time favorite IPAs. Two Hearted has been a long time best for me. However, I popped open my first bottle of Celebration Ale this year... and it is AMAZING!

I really wish Celebration Ale was a year round offering. For now, this is my new favorite IPA:cross:.

BTW, I just found out Sierra Nevada is building a brewery in my home state of North Carolina. Can't wait to go!

I love Two Hearted. Celebration is on the low end of average in my opinion. I'd rather have a Torpedo.

I hate that beer. I thought it was awesome when I first had it 20 years ago, but now I find it barely drinkable. It has way too much crystal malt in it for me. It reminds me a lot of Arrogant Bastard, which is another one I'd rather not have to choke down.

Celebration. I've bought 2-hearted 3 times. One time it was fantastic, the other time good, and the last time I was very disappointed. Almost no hop aroma/flavor left.

In my opinion Celebration is very sub par this year. Not malty at all and very little hop character other than bitterness.

Celebration is a fantastic beer if you can catch some in the first few weeks of release. If you go out and buy some now, it's a shadow of itself.

Celebration is a fantastic beer if you can catch some in the first few weeks of release. If you go out and buy some now, it's a shadow of itself.

I picked a 6 pack the day it hit shelves this year. It was a shadow of past years immediately.

Can't say I'm too impressed with either. If I had to choose, I'd go with Celebration. I think there was too much hype around Two Hearted, for me.

This. I'm skeptical of all bottled hoppy beers. A Celebration 3 months after it was brewed on the other side of the country is simply not going to taste like it did at its best. Way too many opportunities to mistreat it in the distribution chain.

Part of the country doesn't really matter usually. I live in NY and get almost all Sierra beers before my brother in Las Angeles.

Part of the country doesn't really matter usually. I live in NY and get almost all Sierra beers before my brother in Las Angeles.

I'm not saying you can't get it, I'm saying chances are it warmed and cooled and warmed a few times by the time it got to your fridge. Doing that speeds the hop flavor and aroma loss, at least to me.

Latest posts

Back