Two-Hearted Clone needs dry-hopping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiseAgainstMe

Reaction score
So this Saturday it will have been in primary for two weeks and I was gonna transfer it to a secondary for another two weeks with the hops. Just wondering if this is good or I should just dry hop in the primary or wait another week or two before I dry hop. Also it is technically my first batch since I made two on the same day so I am getting very anxious to get it onto the next step. Thanks

I would suggest dry hopping in primary. I usually dry hop for 10 days, after the beer has been in primary for 20.

Why dont you start another batch. Rack your first batch into a secondary and your next onto that wonderfull yeast cake. I have always had better dry hopping results in a secondary vessel and you will have more beer to enjoy. Not saying its bad to dry hop in primary like shingle said just make sure its done fermenting.

I just finished making a Two Heated. Primary for 14 days, then I transfetred to secondary and dryhopped for 10 days. I usually always transfer to secondary to dryhop, mostly because I need the primary for another brew.

just make sure its done fermenting.

Just as an interesting aside: I think on one of the Lagunitas episodes of "Can you brew it", the brewer said they dry hop after fermentation is "95%" done. He explained that the small amount of ferm left drives off any O2 the hop addition brings with it but is not enough to drive off the hop essence.

Just thought that was an interesting technique.

Back