Twin Cities MN metal shops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcbw

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation for metal shops in the metro area that could do things like precision cut a control panel face and/or sanitary weld stainless? Thanks!

Metal Jointing Labs in Bloomington. They've already welded one of my kettles, and working on the rest. metalsjoininglabs.com

IMAG0080.jpg

tator2k, are you just doing 1/2" couplers or something, or are you having them weld some sort of heating element adapters too? I'd love to have screw-in elements, but I have no idea what the connectors there would be. Haven't thought through that enough yet.

How's their pricing? I'm debating trying to solder myself or have some fittings welded.

We welding in 4 - 1/2 full couplers and 1 - 1" half coupling (for the element) as sanitary fittings. So we welded the inside of all the fittings (twice as long)

He's typically $80/hr but everything is neg. My project to drill and weld took over 4 hours.

I'm dropping my other kettle off this week and I'll mention I told folks about him and see if I can get us a grp discount.

This time around I'm going to have him just weld the 1" nut from Bargainfittings right into the keg. The 1/2 coupler gives just enough threads to hang on and seal for me. I've made about 6-7 batches so far without the element leaking.

Back