Turning a mini fridge into a kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gedennis

Reaction score
I'm positive there are many of you out there that have done this project for yourself as well. I've been brewing and kegging for a while and realized I have an old mini fridge sitting around that I don't use anymore. I figured why not convert it into a kegerator? It's a Frigidaire with an internal little freezer.

This is what poses my question. Is there a way to take this freezer portion out without ruining the whole fridge? Or is there a way to leave it in and still run all the hosing through the top without it freezing the tubing? I added a picture of it as well to help visualize it.

Side note, I have all the parts in order to convert it except the keg tower. I am waiting to buy that until I can confirm this fridge will work.

Thank guys, happy brewing!

image.jpg

That looks like one that the freezer portion contains the evaporator coil, you would have to bend that down out of the way without kinking the tubing, which many people have done successfully.

Back