Trying to get started.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll find all kinds of kits out there just depends on what you want to do. If you want to keg it may be worth the investment to get a kit with kegging options. If not it just depends on how serious you want to get. If you want a secondary or not, etc. etc. My kit came with a bunch of stuff including a hydrometer. Just make sure you get an hydrometer one way or another. It can really help you see what your brew is doing based on what I've heard around here.

Pretty much any beginner kit will do then. I'd make sure it has a fermenter, bottling bucket, bottling wand, hydrometer, themometer, bottling brush, syphon tubing. You'll need to purchase a few things besides this, but you could get most everything you'll need in advanced or intermediate kits.

Brewer's Best is my first and it seems pretty straightforward, I would recommend even though I haven't tasted my brew yet.

Don't feel bad about that, I haven't even done my first batch yet...........lol I'll be right there with you on Thursday though, brewing my first batch then.

I bought the cheapest Brewers Best kit and I've added a little since then but I have the 9th brew in the fermenter now. It really does have most of what you will need for the first year or more.

They are pretty much all good. You just want a fermenting bucket, bottling bucket, hydrometer, auto siphon, airlock, capper, something to use to take gravity readings (i.e. ber theif or cylinder). Most kits come with all of that. If the kit you buy doesn't come with an auto siphon (some come with a racking cane) then I would spend the extra $15 to get one.

Back