trying to decide on yeast storage options

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lokbot

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide what way I want to go with yeast storage. I've been looking at Soda blanks, glass test, and PC tubes. My hesitation with soda blanks is that I can't autoclave them. I'm wondering if glass tubes are viable for glycerine freezer storage or if it would be better to go with larger capacity. Would the PC tubes be a viable option for making slant or would it be a waste of media since they are so much bigger than the test tubes?

If I was going to save a few strains for long term freezer storage and also keep a few yeasts on slants would it be best to get some glass and some PC?

I would also really like to find flat bottom screw top glass test tubes with cheap shipping, but haven't had much luck. Can anyone point me towards a source? Ideally I'd like to be able to get them for less than $1 a piece including shipping without having to buy more than 30.

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Back