True In Cabinet Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTD123

Reaction score
I built a bar in the basement without space for a kegerator (didn't think I would want one) so I had to improvise. The bartop is a 8'6" black walnut live edge slab that I epoxied. I attached a couple photos of that to see what it looks like from above.

I put a mini fridge in one cabinet, turned it sideways and insulated the adjoining cabinet to hold the kegs. The mini fridge is vented into the a third cabinet behind the fridge (to the right of it if you are facing it) and cooled with a media cabinet fan.
It is a very clean look minus the fans. I wish I had build photos as I was going through it, but here is the finished product:

Attachments

• bar.jpg
    bar.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 241
  • bar1.jpg
    bar1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 247
  • bartop 2.jpg
    bartop 2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 233
  • bartop 3.jpg
    bartop 3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 236
  • kegerator from front.jpg
    kegerator from front.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 242
  • door 2.jpg
    door 2.jpg
    735.7 KB · Views: 241
  • door insulation.jpg
    door insulation.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 237
  • 1st beer.jpg
    1st beer.jpg
    1,022.8 KB · Views: 246
  • inside 1.jpg
    inside 1.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 246
  • inside 3.jpg
    inside 3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 235
L
I built a bar in the basement without space for a kegerator (didn't think I would want one) so I had to improvise. The bartop is a 8'6" black walnut live edge slab that I epoxied. I attached a couple photos of that to see what it looks like from above.

I put a mini fridge in one cabinet, turned it sideways and insulated the adjoining cabinet to hold the kegs. The mini fridge is vented into the a third cabinet behind the fridge (to the right of it if you are facing it) and cooled with a media cabinet fan.
It is a very clean look minus the fans. I wish I had build photos as I was going through it, but here is the finished product:
looks Great! Only suggestion is that you might want to put a dehumidifier in there to take care of any moisture issues. I use the Eva dry 500.

L

looks Great! Only suggestion is that you might want to put a dehumidifier in there to take care of any moisture issues. I use the Eva dry 500.

In the insulated cabinet itself, or in the vented cabinet?

Not sure what kind of flooring you have in there but I’d put it in the cabinet I think. Once you have the dehumidifier, you can simply put it wherever moisture seems most prevalent I think. It works great in my keezer places on the hump

Looks great! I’m thinking of doing something similar in an outdoor bar I am building. Any chance you could send your plans/materials you used for the insulated cabinet fridge box?

Looks great! I’m thinking of doing something similar in an outdoor bar I am building. Any chance you could send your plans/materials you used for the insulated cabinet fridge box?

I don't have either on hand, but let me know what specific questions you have and I'll answer them as best i can.

Back