True brew Belgian stuck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cokronk

Reaction score
I have a true brew Belgian kit that's stuck. It's been 7-8 weeks and it's at 1.018 that should be at 1.005 or so. It was fine tasting it two weeks ago, but now it taste really bitter. Should I keg it and let it sit for a while or what should I do with it? I have an electric blanket so I could heat it up and get it fermenting again possibly, but I don't have the experience to know what to do in this situation.

I would do a forced ferment of 100ml of wort (take a sample, aerate and leave it in a warm spot) and see if it goes down any further.

If it does, you could try heating the bucket a bit as well as stirring up the yeast with a sanitized paddle. If that doesn't work (happened to me once), you could try cropping some yeast from the bucket and making a large (1 gal) starter using some DME and dump that all in the bucket at high kreuzen.

IMHO I think it's true brew kits everyone I ever did never finished below 1.018 granted I only did 3 tb kits but all had the same results. My non TB kits ( recipes or from scratch ) always finished fine. As said above I would check the temp and stir but short of that there isn't much to do, out of curiosity what was your OG and what belgian style what fermentables etc?

I tested this two days ago and it's finally done. About a week ago, I pulled it off the floor and wrapped it in an electric blanket. That helped it finish really quick. I'm kegging it up on Monday.

FG = 1.009-1.011

That's the FG stated on the kit.

Back