Trouble with SQL install for raspberry pints

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jevers

Reaction score
I've tried following the guide on the Raspberry Pints page, but I can't get SQL to install properly. I went through the following:

sudo apt-get -y install apache2 php5 mysql-client mysql-server php5-mysql phpmyadmin

I got an error saying: The following packages have unmet dependencies, php5-mysql : Depends: libmysqlclient18 but it is not installable

So I googled how to install a LAMP stack, and found a guide that broke all the steps out, so I installed Apache and PHP using these steps:
Build a LAMP server

That worked until I got to the SQL part again, so I found another guide that led me through installing MariaDB, which I did sucessfully, but now I have no idea where I actually am in the process. Can someone help me clear all this junk up? I'm like a monkey with a hammer when it comes to Linux.

If nothing else, if someone can tell me how to undo everything that I've done so far and start over clean without having to completely format the Pi.

racka-frackin Linux, eh?
I keep a backup copy of the Raspbian Jessie handy on my laptop so I can just make a new fresh SD card at the drop of a hat. ;)

FYI, I believe that the MariaDB package is a substitute for mysql.

I'm curious why you're not asking your question over the the raspberry pints thread, they're helpful over there .

You will have to connect mariadb to apache instead of mysql. Look for instructions on how to do that for your operating system version. It should be fairly easy. What are you trying to do with SQL?

I've tried following the guide on the Raspberry Pints page, but I can't get SQL to install properly. I went through the following:

sudo apt-get -y install apache2 php5 mysql-client mysql-server php5-mysql phpmyadmin

I got an error saying: The following packages have unmet dependencies, php5-mysql : Depends: libmysqlclient18 but it is not installable

So I googled how to install a LAMP stack, and found a guide that broke all the steps out, so I installed Apache and PHP using these steps:
Build a LAMP server

That worked until I got to the SQL part again, so I found another guide that led me through installing MariaDB, which I did sucessfully, but now I have no idea where I actually am in the process. Can someone help me clear all this junk up? I'm like a monkey with a hammer when it comes to Linux.

If nothing else, if someone can tell me how to undo everything that I've done so far and start over clean without having to completely format the Pi.

[...]I'm curious why you're not asking your question over the the raspberry pints thread, they're helpful over there .

Indeed, this issue with the Raspian Stetch distribution including php-Mysql7 and it's incompatibility with RaspberryPints has been discussed there.

Work-around is to go back to the Jessie distribution with php-Mysql5...

Cheers!

Back