Massive issues setting up BrewPi (manual)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeeppilot

Reaction score
I'm at my breaking point. :( I decided to try the BrewPi DIY with a manual install on an old PC system I have. I installed Debian, hooked up the hardware, and had seemingly some success with the initial install. Now I'm stuck.

I have been following these instructions

http://diybrewpi.wikia.com/wiki/Setting_Up_Your_RPI

and am now stuck at "Run sudo ~/brewpi-tools/install.sh this may take some time depending on what version of RPI you have and how fast your internet connection is." The response is "command not found".

Some of the other issues:

- I can't figure out what my IP address is to get the web interface, and the ones I've tried don't work.
- I can't even verify if my machine is talking to the Arduino through the USB. (It does not appear as a drive when looking at my drives and the yellow "L" LED blinks continously)
- The Arduino IDE program gives me errors with my WIFI setup, though I have been downloads the programs and files over WIFI into Linux.

I've put a fair amount of time into this, and am exceptionally stubborn, so I'm not yet ready to breakdown and just buy a Raspberry Pi. Can anyone help get me back on track?

Disclosure: I know virtually nothing of Linux script, web servers, etc.

The "track" is over here...

Cheers!

The guy who wrote that thread moved it to Wiki because it got too big and cumbersome for HBT. The link at the very beginning of that post takes you to the page I linked, so I've been using that process.

On a new note, I've figured out that during install of Debian, the USB driver never loaded. So I found a driver, loaded it, but am still getting a read error. So I'm a tad closer. Error says: USB 5-2: device descriptor read/64, error - 110. So now I'm working on that.

Well I got it working. Honestly I'm not really sure how besides installing a driver for the USB that got left of out of the Debian install. I had to redo several steps a couple times and it even seems like a did the same that didn't work before, but then it did.

So I guess, just a note to those thinking of doing this DIY, be prepared for some frustration and trying hours, especially if you don't know Linux or script well. The instructions are pretty good, but one little character in the wrong place, being in the wrong folder, and nothing works. Glad it up and going!

[...]The instructions are pretty good, but one little character in the wrong place, being in the wrong folder, and nothing works.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Unix :D

Glad it up and going!

Indeed. :mug:

fwiw, my recommendation was not to actually read the whole thread but to ask any questions where the HBT BrewPi Collective would actually find it and could help...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back