Trouble Mounting Faucet and Shank through mini fridge door

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackonblack

Reaction score
Just upgraded my diy kegerator from having to open to door and poor with a picnic tap. Bought a stainless shank and perlick faucet. Have it drilled and installed but I can't get the kicking nut right enough so the faucet doesn't rotate. The door is just foam so if unreality crank the nut it just crushes the foam. What's a solution? Has anyone put something on the inside to get the nut that locks in the faucet some more purchase

Cut a piece of PVC that is just a bit larger than the shank.
The shank will slip through the PVC. Length of PVC should be just long enough to provide
a base to tighten the shank to the fridge.

2012-12-23_21-14-03_928.jpg

2012-12-23_22-32-29_661.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely genius. Perfect thank you . What else did you do to your kegerator to convert it? Any other tips? I could use a drip tray.

Cut a piece of PVC that is just a bit larger than the shank.
The shank will slip through the PVC. Length of PVC should be just long enough to provide
a base to tighten the shank to the fridge.

2012-12-23_21-14-03_928.jpg

2012-12-23_22-32-29_661.jpg

We converted a brand new 14CF fridge.

2012-12-26_22-38-47_788.jpg

The drip tray is a definite plus..
Check out http://draftwarehouse.com/
The prices are really pretty good.
Short shanks allow for a clean look.
Depending on installation shanks with external tail pieces are easier to clean if needed.
Some installations, tail piece elbows are really nice.
We screwed these to the inside of the fridge to allow tie wrapping the hoses for neatness.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00008VFBE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Originally, we had a 5# CO2 inside, have since placed it outside, it was easier to replace when needed.
We have a couple straps on the side of the fridge to prevent the tank from being knocked over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back