Tri clamp size? Pls help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushpapers

Son-of-a-Booch
Reaction score
I bought a variable capacity wine tank which is missing a sample valve. I'd like to order a sample valve but am unfamiliar with the size. Can anybody identify the correct size from the photos below?
IMG_20220418_210702.jpg
IMG_20220418_210225.jpg
IMG_20220418_210212.jpg

I've never used a micrometer to measure that type fitting but I'm inclined to think it is a 3 inch tri clamp. I do know my brewing equipment fittings go by the dimensions of the connection flanges. I am however concerned as yours appears to be a bit larger than 3 inches. Wait to see what others post.

Something like this?
Yeah, I saw that, but the Chinese are difficult to deal with. The shipping time is unknown, the quality could be horrible and there's no recourse if it is. I'd rather buy a product made in the USA or Europe, and from a USA based supplier in case there's a problem.

If you need something that can handle pressure, you'll be a bit limited. I wouldn't want to hang a butterfly valve off a 34mm TC ferrule. If it doesn't need to be pressure rated, I'd go for something like Blichmann G2 valve with a 1/2" male NPT to 0.75" TC ferrule.

DSC_0082.JPG

No significant pressure.

It's a 1000 Liter variable capacity tank. Not pressurized.

It would help to have a small valve to draw off 4 oz here and there.

Back