Transplanting help needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzy4010

Reaction score
I'm going to transplant my second year plants from large containers to the ground. What do I need to do? Do I just take the whole root ball and put it in a hole or do I need to cut some away?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I'm going to transplant my second year plants from large containers to the ground. What do I need to do? Do I just take the whole root ball and put it in a hole or do I need to cut some away?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew
If it was any older.. i would totally trim away some of the old root ball to stimulate new growth.. however yes you can get away with directly planting it....
... if your just doing one plant.. i would dig a hill/ mound... then digg your hole slightly bigger then the pot.. at the bottom of the whole.. mix in some bone meal and compost or time release fertilizer mix it in ( roots will grow into it) ..and plant the plant lower in the whole then you dug.. at it grows for the first foot.. add bsoil to the top of the plant... it will soon become more roots and make a stronger plant..
i

Back