Transferring and need advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildcat_Brewing

Reaction score
Hi,
I made some wine from fresh grape juice last year, I am a brewer and have no clue making wine. It sat for a couple months then I had to move so I transferred it (it fermented completely). It has been sitting for a few months and there is about 1 1/2" of lees at bottom but I don't know what to do next. It is a full 5 gal carboy and dont know if I can just bottle it because I don't have anything smaller to transfer it in, or should I buy something smaller?

Thanks

Hi,
I made some wine from fresh grape juice last year, I am a brewer and have no clue making wine. It sat for a couple months then I had to move so I transferred it (it fermented completely). It has been sitting for a few months and there is about 1 1/2" of lees at bottom but I don't know what to do next. It is a full 5 gal carboy and dont know if I can just bottle it because I don't have anything smaller to transfer it in, or should I buy something smaller?

Thanks

If it's got that much lees in the bottom, it should be transferred or bottled. It'd be easiest to rack to a bottling bucket to bottle, if you have one.

Back