Town "Fair" Tire

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airbalancer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So my wife's car passed 50K and need's a set of tires. Were driving through town an decide to stop into Town Fair Tire. The car is a Mini Cooper with run flat tires and I was well aware they were going to be expensive. I tell the sales guy I would like a price for 4 tire's, the same that's on the car, Goodyear's. He gives me a price of $405 each. So I say thanks and am going to shop around, he than starts to give me some alternatives. He says he can do this other brand of tire for $279 each. We expressed a bit of interest but I still want to shop around because this is the first place we looked. So than he says if we make an appointment right now he can do them for $211 each. WTF So if we just bought them without leaving you were going to screw me for close to 300 bucks. I took about 5 minutes on the phone to find them cheaper at a locally owned tire shop so their getting my business. Town Fair's all about there 150% price match guarantee, but I say screw them. Let them price there own damn tires instead of making the customer do it themselves and overpricing the people who don't.

Cheers
Mike

Check out tirerack.com next time you need tires, as well. Saved me several hundred dollars more than once.

Back