Tower of Power LTE Pilotless Elec Control Ignition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OzzyBrew

Reaction score
I was assembling my breweasy today for just my second brew. When I plugged in my ToP LTE the little gas module (asco red-hat II) on my burner made a loud click (probably the flow valve opening instead of closing). The last time I brewed with my breweasy was several months ago, so I can't be sure if it did that last time.

Once I had everything setup, I went to turn on the gas (while the ToP was in the 'reset' setting). Instead of controlling the flow of gas (which in 'reset' mode should be no gas flow. Instead the controller was letting gas through as it does in either the 'auto' or 'on' ToP setting. When I shut everything down and unplugged the ToP the gas flow module would then not allow any flow, but once powered back up it was flowing again (still in 'reset' mode).

Everything worked completely fine last time, and all I did was clean it and store it until today. My question is has anyone else had this happen? Have I somehow missed a step in setting it up today?

Right now I have left it all assembled so I can use the burner. I didn't remove the gas controller, just left it as it should be and I'm just running the burner manually.

Anyway, hopefully my post makes sense. To me it just seems like the gas flow controller is working opposite of how it should be. Thanks for any help offered.

Do you have the gas valve plugged into the back of the ToP, or the outlet box on the stand? I made that mistake on my first brew with the BE.

It's plugged into the stand. Should it be up top, which makes 1000% more sense rather than the lower outlet? If that's the case, I'm an idiot. I didn't think I changed any of that from brew session 1.

Latest posts

Back