Tower disassembly help/advice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave73ok

Reaction score
I recently ordered a two-tap tower with Perlicks. It arrived yesterday, so I got to work getting ready to get the kegerator in order. I soon noticed that I wasn't able to screw on one of the taps to the coupler. Soon I realized it was because the coupler was bent! I assume it came this way from the factory, since there was no damage to the box or chrome.
Anyway, I have an extra coupler on my other tap set that I can use, but I cannot get the shank in the tower apart! I have already emailed the vendor I got it from (no reply so far.....bummer), but in case they flake on me, I'd like to have some advice on where to go from here. Has anyone taken one of these apart? I don't have a 1" wrench, and my adjustable doesn't have enough clearance in there to turn. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

I'd try to use a pair of needle nose pliers to get a hold of the shank nut and turn the faucet and shank with your hand. It may not be ideal but it does work as long as you don't need to crank it to loosen it.

Latest posts

Back