Totally Infected... Should I keg anyways?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucasszy

Reaction score
So here is my first attempt at an energy beer (guarana) and it also happens to be the first beer that has a definite infection.

Taste is a bit sour!

So what does everyone think? Keg it and let it sit, or dump it and call it a loss!

Cheers

Lucas

bacbeer.jpg

I'm thinking more like keg it and drink it fast. Rack from above the trub and under the infection, take what you can. If it's drinkable, carb it up and go at it.

You could always bottle it and see what becomes of it in a few months, if you like sour beers. If not, do what beerocd suggests.

You could risk spreading the infection to your keg, just something to think about. I'd bottle or keg, but I like sours.

Campden or P. Sorbate along with previously mentioned method of skimming off the scum or from underneath the scum should solve the problem. Any of the bits still in solution won't be able to reproduce/grow.

Back