Top Tier Therminator mount question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barnesie

Reaction score
I've been trying to find a post that might have answered this, but perhaps it's just a dumb question no one else thought to ask. Does anyone know if there are any other plate chillers that will mount on the Blichmann brand Top Tier therminator mount?

I'm going to come into ownership of one and do not have a plate chiller yet, so I was curious if anything other then the therminator mounts to the holes on the Blichmann mount. Just trying to get a feel for what my options will be.

Thanks if anyone knows.

i have a duda diesel plate chiller, it has mounting studs on back and i used them to mount it on my Top Tier stand. all that matters is that you use the correct sized square nuts that slide into the mounting slots and you can mount virtually anything on that stand.

i have a duda diesel plate chiller, it has mounting studs on back and i used them to mount it on my Top Tier stand. all that matters is that you use the correct sized square nuts that slide into the mounting slots and you can mount virtually anything on that stand.

Thanks for the reply. The stand I am acquiring already has the therminator mount attached but no therminator which is why I was asking about the blichmann specific mount.

I'll see if I can just take some measurements when everything arrives and see if the blichmann mount will mate up with any of the other plate chillers. The blichmann seems overly expensive at $200 when compared with some of the competition.

I'd also like to possibly mount a water filter and a few other items, but I haven't laid out all the plumbing yet to visualize.

i went to a place called metal supermarkets and they metal remnants for really cheap, like $1-3 a pound. got myself some stainless sheets, drilled holes in them and mounted my stuff. drilling through stainless is easiest with a drill press but i got it done with a corded drill and some cheap (supposedly hardened) bits from harbor freight.

i built the brackets for this shelf since i could not buy just the brackets from blichmann.
DSC6513-X3.jpg

i went to a place called metal supermarkets and they metal remnants for really cheap, like $1-3 a pound. got myself some stainless sheets, drilled holes in them and mounted my stuff. drilling through stainless is easiest with a drill press but i got it done with a corded drill and some cheap (supposedly hardened) bits from harbor freight.

i built the brackets for this shelf since i could not buy just the brackets from blichmann.
DSC6513-X3.jpg

Nice! Looks like you also soldered your couplings to the keggle? Looks great. I just did the same thing on my keggles; I have yet to brew with them but they hold water overnight with no leaks so that's good, haha.

Yeah, I agree (with OP)...whatever chiller you decide on, just check to see if it will align with the holes in the therminator bracket--you mentioned it's already on the stand that you're acquiring. Otherwise, the idea in the post above seems like the best option. Or just drill additional holes in the therminator bracket.

They also sell various metal plates (assortment of sizes, thickness) at Home Depot or Lowes. It's been in the hardware aisle in both of the stores that I've checked; you might have to ask--just clarify that you're not looking for metal flashing, which is way too thin.

You'll probably have to cut it to size in addition to drilling the holes but that can be done fairly easily with a cheap (~30 bucks) angle grinder and a metal cutting disk. I did this to make a heat shield for the spigot and site glass on my kettle when I used a Banjo Burner.

Hey related to the Top Tier, do you guys know where I can get more of those short hex bolts w/square nuts for mounting stuff to the mast? I want to make a bracket for my RIMS tube so I can mount it to my stand. Thanks.

Hey related to the Top Tier, do you guys know where I can get more of those short hex bolts w/square nuts for mounting stuff to the mast? I want to make a bracket for my RIMS tube so I can mount it to my stand. Thanks.

i just went to the hardware store with one of Blichmann's square nut and bolt and got square nuts (and bolts) of the same size, not with the rounded back but they work perfectly.

eastoak said:
i just went to the hardware store with one of Blichmann's square nut and bolt and got square nuts (and bolts) of the same size, not with the rounded back but they work perfectly.

I never even thought to try that, ha. Thanks a lot; I'll check that out.

did you ever find a way to mount a rims tube to your top tier? I'm wanting to get a rims tube and mount it to my top tier.

Can i see a picture of that I'd like to do that

Latest posts

Back