Top of neck on the inside of mr beer bottle sweating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rave808

Reaction score
I went to put a bottle of brew demon amber ale in the fridge and noticed the top of the neck inside the bottle looked like it was sweating .It was one of the mr beer 1 litre pet bottles Do i need to worry.Room has been around 69 to 70 degrees.I did notice it wasnt as filled as much as other bottles it must have been my last bottle before i ran out of beer but it was filled like 90% right to where neck starts.I dont see this in any of my other bottles

I'd be very careful. That is a sure sign of a bottle bomb. Very, very carefully move it to the coldest part of the refrigerator (it could blow off your hand if disturbed) and leave it to cool off for a week. I'd go the extra step and surround it with a couple packages of frozen peas to contain the potential explosion. Consider yourself lucky you spotted this now.

j/k Condensation in the neck is perfectly normal. Stop sweating it. Let them chill for a day and enjoy.

hahaha Me too. I was thinking, "This is the biggest crock of crap! Why is he telling someone something like this?" Then I scrolled down?!!?!? hahahahaha

Good one!

Back