too carbed at 2nd week, can carb go down with time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CROM

Reaction score
did a stout not long ago, its been sitting for 2 weeks in bottles now, (was going to wait until at least 3 weeks before I drank them, but what I do now is keep 3 chubby soda pop bottles (you know those really small pop bottles?) and each week taste the progress of the brew...

well, its really carbonated at 2 weeks ( I did bottle it at a FG of 1.010 so it could make more CO2 in the bottle and be really carbed... I just didn't think it would be this carbonated...

Im going to bottle like this for lagers from now on though, but for stouts, its kinda weird (champagne stout anyone?)

anyways, it taste good, but I was wondering can the carbonation actually go down? or is it only going to go up more until it bottle bombs out?

If I understand your post correctly... you bottled before the yeast was done fermenting completely so that you would get more carbonation?

Back