tonights the night

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwigbrew

Reaction score
Tonight I loose my beer brewing v card! I have been doing my reading now it's time to put my knowledge to the test. I'm going to brew A Amarillo pale ale with Midwest wyeast or a autum amber with denny's fav. 50 from wyeast, with a pound of honey. Any thoughts on witch one I should do? Any first time experiances I should be aware of? I'm real stoked to get off work and crank and brew some brew. Feel like I'm 14 again except she wasn't nearly as old as the art of brewing.. But I'm sure it will teach me as much as she did..

do the one with the least amount of work first. ie kettle additions, fermenters etc.

If one of the kits call for just using a primary and not secondary, do that one first.

As a newb as well (fourth batch) I'd say go for the one that has the most additions, it makes you pay attention to the process. My first brew had Minor details and my second even fewer, but my others have been a little more detailed and I found them to be way more fun and engaging.

Good luck...

I would suggest you make a checklist with the steps and the times they are supposed to happen. Keeps you on track and makes sure you do not forget anything.

Then learn the art of patience. Waiting for that first beer seems like an eternity.

Use that time to do some research. Good excuse to drink a lot of different craft brews and collect bottles. You will need a lot of them.

oh yeah.. buy another fermenting. bucket soon so you can brew another batch.

I brewed 4 batches before I even tasted my first one.

Honey's Autumn is in primary fermintation ;) now only 6 weeks+ to get ...... up on some home brew.. Had some fat tire to help get the mojo goin!! Feel in love tonight.. Took good notes, and learned some thing I wanna do different.,, but all in all had fun.. Can't wait to taste it, nasty or good I'm drinkin this shizzzzznitttt!!

Good luck and pleae keep us posted on how it goes. It's always great to hear about someone's brewing success!

Bubbles! :) i got a 3 piece airlock, I asumed the cap needs to stay on or the water would bubble out.. It gots holes so I think I'm good, just throwing that out there. I also got it sitting in a closet at 68 degrees. So I went with the autumn amber and added the honey at 40 mins into the boil. I used calcium cloride to hardin the water.. Next time I will desolve it into a smaller amount of water then add to my wort liquor. I also used denny's fav 50 from wyeast. Popped the bag about 2 hours before I started. I wasn't sure it popped so I slapped probably more than I shoulda.. But sometimes u gotta slap it hard to make sure it works

Thanks, I think. So I just hit up Midwest and placed my order with my boy Joe. We created my first recipe "naked woody" it's sure to be a hit. Also I got some rhizomes gonna get them going round 4/20 ;) added the bottle tree to the kitchen, I thought they looked cool.. Anyways let's get back to honey's autumn. Bubble, Bubble! I'm gonna try dry hopping it I got a varity of hops to use. I'll let u know what I decided to go with. It already has hallatue as a bitter an fuggle as aroma. Any suggestions?

No bubbles :( checked temp it was 62.. My yeast should ferment in this range, I jus put an electric blanket around it. Gonna see what goes down

boiling honey is no bueno. Cooks all the flavor out. When adding honey I mix it with a little water and add it straight to my primary fermenter.

I'll keep that in mind for my future brews. Looked inside and beer smells like beer.. Imagine that, but not just any beer.. Smells like really delicious beer :p I odered my first recipe, I call it the "naked woody" and designed the "bloody blow me ipa" tonight. I gotta feelin I'm gonna take this up notch. Can't wait to AG, just wanna get a couple under my belt first ;) jus like the ladies ;) I also invested in another primary and carboy.. To top it off my dads friend is moving to Texas and is giving me a Dale Jr fridge. Talk about a sweet beer fridge.

Honey's Autumn is now in the secondary. Beer looks sexy I'm thinking of dry hopping it tonight. I have a qustion first is dry hopping a method to add aroma? When I dry hop should I just drop the pellets in the beer? Or bag em.. I brewed the Texas titty twister on wedenday.. Everything went much smoother. I had less friends over while I was brewing witch made it easier to organize my steps. I used some dme on this batch and liked the results. Active fermintation was present in 12 hours. Bubble bubble.. It seems to me this air lock is Rollin better.. Is that because I used a different yeast? Is a higher abv% goin down on this batch.. Cant wait to this is ready to drink!

Latest posts

Back