Tom Waits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a bad-ass cold that I got from my grandson last week. I worked yesterday until 3 PM, then decided to come home and die.

To that end, I'm drinking a few beers (which I can't taste) and wallowing. And the world's best wallowing music has got to be Tom Waits.

We're starting with happy Tom Waits (an oxymoron, I know) like "Had Me a Girl" and going down from there.

By the time I'm ready for bed, I think we'll be into the "Jersey Girl", Tom Traubert’s Blues" and "Time".

Ah, man, Tom Waits is my ultimate favorite wallowing/drinking music.

Even his romantic songs, like Jersey Girl, when done by somebody like Bruce Springsteen are happier when done by somebody else.

Nothing like feeling pathetic, sick, drinking a beer or five, and listening to Tom Waits' gravelly voice commiserating with me. In fact, his voice is so raw that I feel so much better because I feel sorry for him!

A good "bad drunk" would involve Tom Waits music, I'm sure!

Dang y0ur hardcore, i usually refrain if i get too bad.Iv'e been fortunate over the winter.Havent heard him in a long time,sounds relaxing really.

Since "close enough" counts for song titles ;)... we'll call this "Warm Beer and Women with Colds"

Last edited by a moderator:
He's awesome. Bob isn't a huge fan, as he's more into happy little ditties, like songs from Tool, but I've actually got him enjoying some of my Tom Waits favorites too!

there is nothing better in my mind than getting liquored up and listening to the Rain Dogs album. I could live on beer and Gun Street Girl...

I'm still sick, and still a little feverish, so it's time for Tom Waits again!

Tonight's selections are mostly from the 70s/1980- Heart Attack and Vine, and The Heart of Saturday Night.

Back