Toffee Brown Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilssoninlaw

Reaction score
I was on Jasper's Home Brewing website looking for an extract kit to brew and came across a kit called Whizzing Fizzbies. Basically it's described as an English Toffee Brown Ale. It sounded interesting so I added it to my "cart" so I could look into it more later. My wife saw it on the computer later and asked if I wanted her to order it and not really caring, I told her to go ahead.

Has anyone tried this kit or something similar? I like beer and I like Toffee so I'm hoping it will be good. I just hope it won't taste like a liquid Heath bar! :yes:

I haven't used that toffee flavoring, but Jasper's has been my LHBS for a very long time and they are fantastic. You could test the flavoring dosage on a small sample prior to dosing the whole batch. The recipe calls for 2 oz. of flavoring for 5 gallons. So that's roughly 60ml for 5 gal. or 1.25ml per 12 oz. bottle. Take a small sample and dose it accordingly and then adjust from there.

I haven't used that toffee flavoring, but Jasper's has been my LHBS for a very long time and they are fantastic. You could test the flavoring dosage on a small sample prior to dosing the whole batch. The recipe calls for 2 oz. of flavoring for 5 gallons. So that's roughly 60ml for 5 gal. or 1.25ml per 12 oz. bottle. Take a small sample and dose it accordingly and then adjust from there.
Thanks! I've had great results with them too and I think that's why I wasn't too hesitant!!

Back