Today, I am a BREWER

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfshado

Reaction score
while i was waiting to bottle my latest lager, i decided that it would be a good time to break in my BRAND NEW CARBOY!!

So i brewed up an Imperial IPA and got it all in the carboy, left about 6 inches on the top and added the yeast. I waited hours and hours to see if the yeast was gonna start, and after half a day...nothing. I went to bed last night with visions of a stuck fermentation. As the Meme says... "Never have i been so Wrong."

This morning, i looked in and what did i find? a FOAM snake pouring out of the airlock. I HUGE spot on the ceiling. and Foam everywhere.

In short, ive just had my FIRST blow out. I think its official. I am Now a Brewer and have had my krausen baptism. In Honor of this, i have named it Church Mouse IIPA. Of course, it also fits cause i made it at the Church kitchen while i was working on my volunteer project. Hey, might as well kill 2 birds with one stone.

Pics to follow, right now it is rolling like crazy.

Pics or it didnt happen!

typically leave about a gallon and a half headspace. Most of us ferment 5 gallons (I usually do 5.2 to trub/transfer loss as I dont filter/strain) in a 6.5 gallon carboy.

heres some pics AFTER clean up

snow 005.jpg

snow 006.jpg

snow 007.jpg

snow 008.jpg

Latest posts

Back