To much DME in a starter.I know my bad.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobby

Reaction score
Hi guys,happy brewing.
Yesterday for the first time I made an yeast starter,but as always I think I ducked up something.I used 2 cups /450 ml/ of water to 1/2 cup of DME /118 gr./I calculated the DME wrong,its nearly three times more,used some stupid converter on my phone.I pitched an English Ale White Labs yeast and its already 16 hours on a stir plate.Is there anyway to fix it?Tonight Im brewing a honey ale.
What is better to do?,toss it and pitch dry yeast?Give it a chance?Or pitch both dry and white labs?My dry yeast also English ale 04.
Thank you for your time.

Hi guys,happy brewing.
Yesterday for the first time I made an yeast starter,but as always I think I ducked up something.I used 2 cups /450 ml/ of water to 1/2 cup of DME /118 gr./I calculated the DME wrong,its nearly three times more,used some stupid converter on my phone.I pitched an English Ale White Labs yeast and its already 16 hours on a stir plate.Is there anyway to fix it?Tonight Im brewing a honey ale.
What is better to do?,toss it and pitch dry yeast?Give it a chance?Or pitch both dry and white labs?My dry yeast also English ale 04.
Thank you for your time.

I don't see an issue with what you did. Lots do 1/2 cup of DME with 2 cups of water.

But it's recommended 1 litter to 100 g. of DME.In my case three times more.118 g. of DME to 400 ml. of water.Really confused now.
Thank you for a quick replay.Is my beer having a chance?

Back