To bottle or wait some more?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazingsun81

Reaction score
I made 6 gallons of a raspberry wit O.G was 1.058 once fermentation was done at 1.011 I Transfer it to a secondary which I pour over 2lbs of a raspberry puree. Which added gravity to 1.019
It's been over a month now and the gravity is at 1.008 the airlock doesn't move ,however I see alot of little bubbles floating to the top ,the wit has clear up quite a bit .
Should I bottle or wait till the bubbles completely stop in the carboy

Hmm, I'm by no means an expert, but I would say you should bottle. That's a pretty strong wit already. Maybe slightly undercarb during bottling. Just my 2 cents.

I agree. It sounds like she's done. The bubbles could just be from changes in temperature or atmospheric pressure. If your SG is stable (& I'll bet it is) then bottle her up.

Thanks , just wanted to make sure cause ,38 bottle bombs ain't my idea of a good time

I made 6 gallons of a raspberry wit O.G was 1.058 once fermentation was done at 1.011 I Transfer it to a secondary which I pour over 2lbs of a raspberry puree. Which added gravity to 1.019
It's been over a month now and the gravity is at 1.008 the airlock doesn't move ,however I see alot of little bubbles floating to the top ,the wit has clear up quite a bit .
Should I bottle or wait till the bubbles completely stop in the carboy

Bubbles from the airlock mean that there is an exchange of gas from the fermenter to the air, nothing more. Stable hydrometer readings that are near the expected final gravity tell the truth. Take a sample, wait a couple days, take another sample. If they match, bottle it up.

Latest posts

Back