T'N'T Hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfgod04

Reaction score
Has anyone used the T'N'T hops? Im thinking of using it an American IPA but not sure what to pair it with or just do a single hop IPA.

According to Farmhouse Brewing Supply
"Current AA__8.8%
A blend of hops from the Barth-Haas company. This blend exhibits citrus, sweet fruit and green fruit flavors in the kettle. When used to dry hop it will lean towards a red berry (pomegranate) and spice character."

Sounds nice- reminds me a bit of belma's description. I would use it as a single-hop first, and then decide what to do with it. I find some berry-hops are great at complimenting other hops, but not amazing on their own.

+1 on daskin's advice. do a single hop first. i've been testing tons of new hop varieties and sometimes the written descriptors are way off, or way too generous.

since im lazy, i do DME-no chill-SmaSh batches in 1/2 gallon. 30 minute boil, 20 min hopstand/whirlpool. easy peasy.

we know the flavor/aroma descriptors and we know the alpha acid %, but often that doesnt tell you if a hop is "strong" or "weak" in terms of how much you have to add to get a bunch of flavor. citra is potent, but lemon drop is weak. my tests showed i'd need about twice as much lemon drop to get the same level of "flavor" in the beer as with citra. that's something you'll want to know before you brew up 5 or 10 gallons of a new hop.

thanks for the tip.

I was just curious if someone had already used it and came up with a good pairing

if you havent already found anything here in the forums, you'll be waiting a while for an answer. usually folks like to talk about a new hop and post their results/experience, so it would lead me to believe you're at the front of the line.

maybe get a hold of barth-haas and see if they might have an idea? usually they'll send new varieties out to brewers to get opinions. they might know who did what with it in the testing phase.

if you havent already found anything here in the forums, you'll be waiting a while for an answer. usually folks like to talk about a new hop and post their results/experience, so it would lead me to believe you're at the front of the line.

maybe get a hold of barth-haas and see if they might have an idea? usually they'll send new varieties out to brewers to get opinions. they might know who did what with it in the testing phase.

I messaged Barth-haas and heard back from them . They said " tnt is nice herbal grassy, so you could go floral with Athanum or Summer, and Citrus with cascade etc "

Back