Tire Chain advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wulfsburg

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am planning to go to north eastern Arizona to go snowboarding at the Sunrise Ski Resort. They are going to get some snow that weekend, and we will be taking a 2wd Honda CRV (2010). I am curious to know about tire chains. Wal Mart sells some Michelin brands, but no one here really knows squat about chains. I want to have some for backup, but I am running into a spread of different products only. Diagnal, alloy vs steel, self tightening vs manual? I am rarely ever going to use them and want to buy them from a place that has a good return policy. I live in Phoenix.

Thank you

personally, i never use them, and i get around fine (front-wheel drive sedan) including going over the mountains here in washington. i'd check out a forum dedicated to the CRV, as some cars have clearance issues with certain brands of chains.
sounds like you're already working on it, but make sure you get good chains. i got a set for my car, followed all the instructions, and they fell apart after about 50 miles.

as far as returns, most places i've heard of will not return chains, period.

I dunno I haven't been to any ski places in Arizona, but I know around Tahoe that they will stop you and make you turn around if you don't have chains in some places when they are expecting (or getting) snow.

Back