time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your forgetting chocotaco is the beer style savant. we bow to his vast knowledge!

Heh, I'm no savant... pretty average in terms of beer knowledge (with respect to HBT anyway).

But you'll notice that everything I guessed is currently or was recently on tap at Flipdaddy's Union. Any time I get it right it's a combination of luck and google-fu.

Edit: And knowing where to look for clues besides from OP.

I'll try to keep the game going. Beer and brewery, please.

20150303_214615-1.jpg

I don't think anyone's ever going to post it again, since it always gets guessed. :)

I'll go with Founder's Breakfast Stout.

I've never had any beers by them, me being on the west coast and all. Kinda jealous a little... but I can't complain.
One more crackpot guess: Deschutes Obsidian Stout. Don't know if you can even get that in VA.

I've never had any beers by them, me being on the west coast and all. Kinda jealous a little... but I can't complain.
One more crackpot guess: Deschutes Obsidian Stout. Don't know if you can even get that in VA.

Hell, I might be a lot closer, but I can't get Terrapin in my area either.

New Holland The Poet oatmeal stout?

No one has guessed it yet, but milk stout is the style.

Hint: It is a seasonal release that comes out in the winter.

Nobody has guessed it yet.

Hint 2: There is a base version of the beer, but this version has been aged in a barrel of some kind.

It's hardwood rum barrel GBS(gingerbread stout)
There are 3 versions
GBS
Christmas morning(on coffee beans)
And rum barrel GBS

It's hardwood rum barrel GBS(gingerbread stout)
There are 3 versions
GBS
Christmas morning(on coffee beans)
And rum barrel GBS

You did forget one version (this one), but I'll give it to you. I'm not sure if the rules allow this, but saying anything else would give it away.

20150303_214628.jpg

So there are at least 4 versions of it then. Never had it but it must be good to make that many variations of the same beer.
I'll open it up to anyone with one ready. Have to go to work and can't crack a cold one.

I've got one :)

Sticking with the stout theme. This is a local beer with an adjunct, name the adjunct and brewery to win!

Capture (2).JPG

Hint: the brewery is not in Bend, but is still local, less than an hour from my house.

Busted!!! :)

Good beer, but coffee flavor has become more subdued since it's release last October. Still, a great value at $4.25 :D

This collaboration with Sisters Coffee Roasters features 4 lbs per barrel of their Sumatra roast. The base beer is a big imperial stout brewed with 10 different malts and all Cascade hops. The final beer is dominated by rich coffee aroma and flavor when fresh but will allow the base stout to poke through as it ages. 8% abv

stout.JPG

Back