time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol... It's my Steel Reserve clone. Ok so...

Clean yeast and spicy hops
High Abv
There are lower ABV examples
In fact they represent a whole category

I took a stab at the lower gravity style you were referring to. I may have a better idea now, but I will adhere to the one-guess limit. :)

maxam said:
Imperial pilsner?

Yep!

image-3819030857.jpg

weirdboy said:
ESB

Saying it's a commercial example isn't really a hint. There are way more commercial examples than there are styles...

+1, you didn't even specify if you were requiring us to guess the specific beer

ESB

Saying it's a commercial example isn't really a hint. There are way more commercial examples than there are styles...

He said it's a listed as a commericial example in the BJCP Style book.

Not a commercial beer in general.

NineMilBill said:

That's only helpful if we know what style it is, and he wants to know the particular brew. Otherwise, there are thousands of commercial examples cited in the BJCP categories

Sorry if my hints are too hard for you guys...

Kidding, I admit that one was pretty terrible. I'm trying to give a good hint that doesn't give it all away.

This is an American cousin of what many of you have guessed.

The name of this thread is "name this style in pictures". For each style in the guidelines, there are several, usually 5-10, commercial examples. So rather than narrowing the field, it actually expands the potential candidates by an order of magnitude.

kevokie said:
I'll throw out an American brown ale, more specifically, tumbler brown ale?

You got the style! It's actually a Bells Best Brown. I just finished a Shorts Good Humans and am about the crack open a Hopslam. It's a Michigan beer night since I'm in S. Michigan.

I am a big fan of the Best Brown. I drank a bunch of that when I was on the east coast a couple weeks ago. Nice and chocolately with beautiful complement of American hops.

Back