time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barleywine is my guess. I'll say english because that is what you have in your signature, hah! Its obviously something with a high ABV since it needs to be aged and has no head, and it doesn't look dark enough to be an RIS.

Nyet.

New hint: the type of vessel in which this beer will sit for an extended period of time(s) is important.

Hint: I had one last night and it was a little cloudy.

image-4190501277.png

Its hard not to give this one away with a hint... but you mostly find commercial examples of this on the west coast.

I'll have to defer this to whoever wants to go next. I'm out of town and probably won't be in front of another beer for a little while.

Just post if you have something.

Dah dah dah! This beer is somewhat of an oddity, a freak if you will. It is both a BJCP style, and at the same time not.

image-2679448141.jpg

If you mean BIPA, no ;) I'll give a hint tomorrow morning. This one might - or might not - take awhile. I suppose since it is off the beaten path I would take one of two answers, both of which were eluded to in the first post.

Double clue for a double answer beer - this beer may look black, but it is not. Lower alcohol versions of this may range from amber to dark brown. Also, medium to strong tannins are a characteristic of this brew.

Back