time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No its not,
Good question, this is a beer from the Motherland.
You would be hard pressed to get it over here in the states, but i think you might be able to find it.
This will be a Google exercise for you all.

I will give a riddle once the style has been quessed.

Marzen is from the Fatherland, not the Motherland so I'm guessing it's English or Russian. Not much beer from Russia, so probably English. Hook Norton ESB? Brakspear Bitter?

Marzen is from the Fatherland, not the Motherland so I'm guessing it's English or Russian. Not much beer from Russia, so probably English. Hook Norton ESB? Brakspear Bitter?

Oh Sudbuddy,
Give your self a pat on the back, but not to hard mind you.
Your guesses were solid, with a nice golden hue.
Try again.

actually I retract the IPA guess, but I'm sticking with Greene King as the brewery. I guess I need to look a little deeper into their lineup

I was thinking more along the lines of adjunct as in additive of some type, fruit, spice, you know.
Apologies for my spell check and fat fingers.

I thought that might be the case, I was just busting your b@lls. No adjuncts that I know of, but they aren't too forthcoming on the label recipe-wise

We've established that it's a kölsch, it's brewed somewhat near to me, and it's not brewed by a major microbrewery. Fin du Monde doesn't meet any of that criteria

wow, cool.
it would appear that HBT is playing up a bit, so forgive me for the delay, ive not been able to post or visit the site for 24 hrs.

I will post after breakfast.
Dan

wow, cool.
it would appear that HBT is playing up a bit, so forgive me for the delay, ive not been able to post or visit the site for 24 hrs.

I will post after breakfast.
Dan

Latest posts

Back