time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope to Gnomegang. Remember, I said it is a Belgian pale, but that there's more to it than that. (I'll also remind you that in a previous hint I said that while it's not a lager or hybrid, there's not just ale yeast in there).

Petrus aged pale ale

There it is! I figured once someone guessed it was a sour belgian pale ale, that would be the end of the round. I think if you google that exact phrase, petrus is the first result.

Photo on 1-29-15 at 8.19 PM.jpg

Was it good?

They focus heavily on pale ales, with a lot of seasonals and one-offs. There are a couple that I like more than PF, but it's pretty good.

Any idea what grain they are adding to produce that color?

Their website says the grain bill is Pale Ale malt, Crystal 15, Crystal 45, Wheat and Vienna, so nothing off-the-wall. I couldn't tell you amounts.

Here's the next one, fellas.

I want to say that I really like how this thread has evolved into a simple guessing game into a sleuth magnet. Everyone participating here likes solving a challenging mystery. That's why it has moved from guessing the style, to guessing the style plus some adjuncts, and finally to guessing the specific beer.

Guess the brewery and beer.

Initial hint: This was this brewery's first beer. Nowadays they are mostly known for a certain type of beer, which this doesn't fall into per se.

20150205_134445.jpg

Coors Golden, the Banquet beer!

Bwahahaha.

I mean, every now and then I will drink a Coors Light, because it's like refreshing, slightly alcoholic water. And sometimes that's what the doctor ordered. But I would never post it to this prestigious thread :D

Back