time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rules on page one say STYLE so that's what I'm going with. If you can guess the brewery too then you get bonus points.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ok so I'm looking for a particular style here as noted by the BJCP. In fact under the commercial examples this beer is listed.
Ok on to the hint. And this should be a give away.

ONCE you remember you Spanish class from sChool, the answers right here, now don't be a fool.

Chocotaco, we have a WINNER, well done mate.
The beer in question was the wychwood hobgoblin, and the clues were. motherland= I'm English.
Not south but north = now we know.
North by the star= the hobgoblin is know as the star of wychwood.
And ONCE= 11 in Spanish. And the capitalized C's.
I hope you enjoyed that as much as I did.
Your up choco.

Here's the next one. Japanese Solar Sumo returns for this picture, but again he is in no way a hint. I just like including him because he needs to be by the office window and that's also the best place to take beer pics.

The style will be too easy so I'm going to ask for the specific beer. I'll try to make it as fun as MrFeltimo did with cryptic hints, but I'm probably not as good at it as him.

In that vein, the picture comes with an initial hint. This brewery is relatively nearby (in the California sense of nearby) and is pretty well known (I'm not going to ask for a specific beer from an obscure brewery *cough JordanKnudson*). This beer is a highly-regarded example of the style.

20141016_152610.jpg

Well from the small glass, I would have to say that it is a strongish beer, and being "nearby" I would deduce that this beer is the double IPA (hop Juice) from Left Coast Brewing..

Well from the small glass, I would have to say that it is a strongish beer, and being "nearby" I would deduce that this beer is the double IPA from Left Coast Brewing..

The glass is not a hint; it's just the only glass I have on my desk at work.

I don't consider Left Coast particularly well known, and I don't particularly like any of their beer. Good guessing, but it's not quite so local.

The glass is not a hint; it's just the only glass I have on my desk at work.

I don't consider Left Coast particularly well known, and I don't particularly like any of their beer. Good guessing, but it's not quite so local.

you can drink at work?
My goodness, i want your job..

P.S. I also mean to imply that it is not from a San Clemente brewery specifically. So it's not Pizza Port San Clemente (though they have some awesome beers) and it's not Artifex (a brand new brewery in San Clemente that I'm pretty sure you'll be hearing about soon because they make some beers that are up there with the best beers from around the country). It is near to me, but not in town. And "near in the California sense" should tell you something about what I mean by "near."

you can drink at work?
My goodness, i want your job..

Yeah, we let employees imbibe if they want to, as long as it doesn't interfere with their duties. I've actually brewed a couple of batches at work as well (call it a "team building exercise"). It ain't bad, but there are downsides I won't go into.

Not Stone. And if you actually had the knowledge of the future that you claim, you would know the answer! And you would be able to give me some lottery numbers, right?

Ha. Forgot I have that as my mobile signature. I've got a guess, but I don't think you've given a hint since my guess. So I'll let it linger a bit.

05 36 14 02 09 23

Ha. Forgot I have that as my mobile signature. I've got a guess, but I don't think you've given a hint since my guess. So I'll let it linger a bit.

05 36 14 02 09 23

I was just kidding about the lottery thing (don't play it) but I'm going to play those numbers on Saturday for the CA Super Lotto just for giggles. If I win I'll buy you a stainless conical and a lifetime pass to my tap room or gastropub or whatever I do with my millions of dollars.

Just to give you an idea of my luck:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/me-after-every-sponsor-giveaway-drawing-494503/

So don't hold your breath :D

I was just kidding about the lottery thing (don't play it) but I'm going to play those numbers on Saturday for the CA Super Lotto just for giggles. If I win I'll buy you a stainless conical and a lifetime pass to my tap room or gastropub or whatever I do with my millions of dollars.

Just to give you an idea of my luck:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/me-after-every-sponsor-giveaway-drawing-494503/

So don't hold your breath :D

Deal! Cause those weren't random numbers or anything... Totally legit lotto numbers...

Here's the next one. Japanese Solar Sumo returns for this picture, but again he is in no way a hint. I just like including him because he needs to be by the office window and that's also the best place to take beer pics.

The style will be too easy so I'm going to ask for the specific beer. I'll try to make it as fun as MrFeltimo did with cryptic hints, but I'm probably not as good at it as him.

In that vein, the picture comes with an initial hint. This brewery is relatively nearby (in the California sense of nearby) and is pretty well known (I'm not going to ask for a specific beer from an obscure brewery *cough JordanKnudson*). This beer is a highly-regarded example of the style.

Lagunitas IPA?

This brewery is relatively nearby (in the California sense of nearby) and is pretty well known (I'm not going to ask for a specific beer from an obscure brewery *cough JordanKnudson*). This beer is a highly-regarded example of the style.

:cross: 5 Rabbit isn't obscure around here! (Although I guess it probably hasn't expanded its distribution area that much). I figured someone might know it because Randy Mosher has talked about the brewery, and in fact that specific beer, in several interviews, including a BeerSmith podcast! Plus chocotaco, you're a supersleuth, I figured you'd get it! :D

So this is a beer from a new brewery in town. It is sold in bottles and cans. I think the style will be easy, so I'm looking for the beer and brewery in your answer, or, guess 3 of the 5 hops used in the recipe to win (guess both in each answer if you like).

IMG_0684[1].jpg

Wow, nice! The only thing better than a can of fresh Sculpin is half a barrel of fresh Sculpin! Enjoy it!

I did enjoy it very much! I got married in August and this was one of 3 kegs for the wedding (along with deschutes twilight ale and 2 towns Made Marion)

Back