Time Lapse Video of Bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IamNash

Reaction score
Last night I bottled a belgian tripel that I brewed for my pregnant wife. Hopefully it will be ready to drink when she is. I haven't bottled in a couple years, so I thought I would make a film of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video. If bottling really went that quickly, I would do it more often.

Yeah for sure, I have a beer gun as well that I usually use for bottling a couple 'archive' bottles off the kegs, but that is not much faster.

Yeah for sure, I have a beer gun as well that I usually use for bottling a couple 'archive' bottles off the kegs, but that is not much faster.

When you bottle condition, consider priming the beer in a keg and filling with your beer gun. Since the beer won't foam (much) you can fill with fairly high co2 pressure and go quite a bit faster than gravity. Also you can obviously pre-evacuate the bottles with co2

When you bottle condition, consider priming the beer in a keg and filling with your beer gun. Since the beer won't foam (much) you can fill with fairly high co2 pressure and go quite a bit faster than gravity. Also you can obviously pre-evacuate the bottles with co2

That is a great suggestion, thanks... Although I have always assumed that the small amount of fermentation that happens in the bottles before capping would be enough to purge the air out of the head space of the bottles, but I suppose you would need to let them sit for an hour or two to make sure of this.

My main problem with filling off the keg in the past has been with the location of the keg fridge, but I suppose I could haul the keg out of there and the co2 tank for bottling time. Should I chill the keg prior to bottling? I am just thinking about minimizing foaming... Does temp make a difference with the beer gun?

Back