Time For The Year-End Tally (How Much Did You Brew?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
85 gallons to date.

Might do a batch of EdWort's apfelwein next week for kicks :D

Next year is going to be worse (better?), since it's going to be all 10g batches.

:mug:

Joe Dragon said:
Sheesh Munch. Come on, fess up. What on earth do you do with that much beer? You’re not 300 pounds and obviously employed so what’s the story?

And for me- About 120 gallons but I need to check the records at home.

Ryan_PA said:
My guess is parental/husbandry neglect, coupled with a great confidence in his pention's HMO.

Easy guys, lets not start making assessments of BierMuncher's moral character based soley on his demonstrated love of brewing.

I think a lot of his beer goes out the door to family and friends. And much of it is low alcohol, some is even no-alcohol.

While we're at it, 120 gallons isn't exactly chump change either. That's 2.3 gallons a week, or about 3.5 beers a day, every day. That's quite a bit, if you ask me.

Let he who is without fault throw the first stone, or something like that, eh?

35 gallons for me. Or roughly 70% of Georgia's pathetic legal limit of 50 gallons.

Beerthoven said:
Easy guys, lets not start making assessments of BierMuncher's moral character based soley on his demonstrated love of brewing.

I was joking. Things have been odd here for a few days. :drunk:

15 5gal batches completed so far. Hoping to get the 08.08.08 brew done over the holidays for 16 batches this year. That makes about 80gal.

Craig

Started in november

25 Gallons of beer (3 - 5 gallon extracts, 2 -5 gallon AG's)
10 Gallons of apfelwine

I have done 16 five gallon batches and about 6 10 gallon batches sooo some quick math in my head here... 140 gallons for the year, which started in May, as I did no brewing Jan - April.

40 gallons starting in late spring/early summer. Out of that though, two 5-gallon batches were dumpers. My first was liquid extract that sucked goats, as did all other previous extract brews I attempted. After switching to all grain, I had one batch that didn't carbonate and didn't really taste all that great anyway. A third 5-gallon batch is still sitting in my clearing tank:fro: after several months because I suspect severe suckage there too, and I can't bring myself to use the bottles on it. Another is in primary now, and I think it will be the best beer the world has ever seen.

At least one more will be brewed before '08.

All the others were quite good if I do say so:D I went 4/2/3 this year (wins/losses/unknowns)

50 gallons, but only since mid June. prior to that I hadn't brewed in like 7-8 years.

I made:
extract weizenbier
extract irish red ale
extract brown ale

PM kolsch
a raspberry mead

AG irish red ale
AG kolsch
AG porter
AG mocktoberfest
AG brown ale

I think Nebraska has a 100gal annual limit. At least I heard we did. I never bothered to look it up.

I stated on April 1st, and this was my 1st year of home brewing...... I have one more to brew this year, A German Kolsch. That will put me at 70 gallons for the year.

Date Beer Quantity Total

13-Jan SNPA clone 10 10
27-Jan Dry Stout 5 15
11-Feb Smoked Porter 10 25
17-Feb Bod clone 10 35
24-Feb OSH clone 10 45
10-Mar Hobgoblin clone 10 55
24-Mar Scottish 70/- 10 65
22-Apr Blonde 10 75
29-Apr Wit 12 87
5-May Scottish 70/- 10 97
19-May Oaked IIPA 5 102
27-May N Eng. Brown 10 112
16-Jun Trippel 5 117
7-Jul Blonde 10 127
7-Jul ESB 5 132
7-Jul Amer. Wheat 10 142
28-Jul Blonde 20 162
28-Jul Amer. Wheat 20 182
25-Aug Smoked Porter 15 197
8-Sep Pumpkin 10 207
6-Oct IPA 20 227
6-Oct Oatmeal Stout 20 247
17-Nov Eng. Mild 20 267
17-Nov Ord. Bitter 20 287
25-Nov Irish Red 20 307

The bigger batches are split up 2-4 ways. We'll probably knock out 20 gal this weekend to wrap up the year.

(I'm leaving out 6 gallons of wine, 3 gallons of cider, 5 gallons of hard lemonade, 4 gallons of sangria, and 10 gallons of apfelwein in there somewhere)

1st year doing it and only been even doing for a few months so we have a modest 20 gallons....and a few good drunk nights

With 2 in the works for early/mid January

Since Late July I am at 55 Gallons of beer and 15 Gallons of Cider..

Have 2 more 5 gallons planned before the end of the year..:ban:

Jay

We brewed all year and ended up with 220 gals of beer(30 batches)and 35 gals(7 batches)of Apfelwein and hard lemon/lime.We'll brew at least one more batch before years end.It's been a total blast!
Cheers:mug:

Hmm lets see

18 Gallons Apfelwein
10 Gallons Hi test IPA
30 Gallons Red Rob Amber Ale
20 Gallons Cara pils
10 Gallons Pilsner
5 gallons Chocolate stout
5 gallons Morgans Canadian
5 Gallons Morgans Wheat beer
10 gallons Cascade brown Ale
6 Gallons Oktoberfest
5 Gallons Victorian Bitter
5 Gallons Brown Ale
6 gallons honey Blonde Ale

Looks like 140 Gallons Since January Gonna go for 200 in 2008

malkore said:

I think Nebraska has a 100gal annual limit. At least I heard we did. I never bothered to look it up.

I had the honor and the privilage of serving four terms in the Wisconsin state legislature.

I think we have a 200 gallon limit. I am not gonna worry bout no details. :cool:

2007 = First year brewing saw 35 gallons.

Brewsmith said:
#36 Dad's Birthday Wit Jan-2 5 gal
#37 4 Quarter Dry Stout Jan-12 5 gal
Malt Vinegar Jan-16 1 Gal
#38 Alpenhorn Amber Jan-28 5 gal
#39 Vienna Lager Feb-19 5 gal
#40 7-7-7 7 Grain Revolution Apr-6 5 gal
#41 7-7-7 Rye IPA Apr-11 5 gal
#42 Fat Tuba Pale Ale May-27 5 gal
#43 Kolsch Jun-3 5 gal
#44 LHBS Screw-Up Stout Jun-24 5 gal
#45 Rye Somethin' Jul-8 5 gal
#46 80/- Bagpipes Jul-10 5 gal
#47 Wagner Weizen Sep-15 5 gal
#48 Bruin Buster Brown Sep-23 5 gal
#49 Bruin Killsner German Pilsner Oct-24 5 gal
#50 English Barleywine/Bitter/Small Beer Nov-18 7.5 gal
#51 Fat Tuba Pale Ale (Proposed Dec-20) 5 gal
#52 Old Helicon Barleywine 2007 (Proposed Dec 29/30) 4 gal

17 Brews, 1 Malt Vinegar, 87.5 Gallons, 4 Awards
I think I'll need to edit my list a little. It looks like I'm going to squeese another brew in before year's end. Brewing #52 on Sunday, a kolsch for my dad, and doing the #53 Barleywine New Year's Eve. After that I'm getting started right on new years day with the 8.8.8 RIS. :ban:

18 Brews, I Malt Vinegar, 92.5 Gallons, 4 Awards

Wow. I started in August. I have 54 gallons bottled, 5 gallons kegged, 5 gallons of mead in glass and 7.5 gallons of beer fermenting/clearing in Stainless.

71.5 gallons total. At least 20 gallons- the big beers and the meads- need to age at least a year. Gave away close to 30 gallons.

Was it wrong to ask for 2 row pale malt for Christmas next year?

Only 15 gallons since September, but my family has take an intrest in my brew and I feel I will be making more.

I started in mid-August

5-Hefeweisen
5-Pumpkin Ale
5-Organic Bitter (Mmm!)
5-Whitey's Gone Fishin' Pale Ale (From The Joy of Homebrewing - Really Not Good)
5-American Wheat
5-Two Hearted Clone
5-Fat Tire Clone

Started about a year ago - 58 gallons of beer and 5 gallons of Appfelwein.

This year's brewing started last week and another is scheduled for next week.
Looking to easily double last year.

I seriously slacked off in 2007.

I only ended up with 50 gallons. The first year of being in a new house kicked my ass. House projects took priority over brewing. Also lost 2 bodies at work, so work was a killer in 2007.

Here was the list:

AG-07-38 Pub Ale (5 gallons)
AG-07-39 Lake Walk Pale Ale (10 gallons)
AG-07-40 Watermelon Wheat (5 gallons)
AG-07-41 Bitter End ESB (5 gallons)
AG-07-42 Weinerbrau Weizenbock (5 gallons)
AG-07-43 Russian Imperial Stout (5 gallons)
AG-07-44 Lake Walk Pale Ale (10 gallons)
AG-07-45 Smoked Porter (5 gallons)

Evan! said:
135 gallons of beer, 10 gallons of apfelwein, 5 gallons of cider. And I plan on marathon-brewing next week when I'm off of work. So we'll see where we end up. I might get another 15 gallons in carboy by the end of next week.

And...my friend just offered me a free (yes, free!) ticket to see the Skins play Dallass on the 30th at FedEx. :eek: Next week will be a good week. Yes ma'am. A good week indeed.

All went according to plan. I brewed 15 more gallons, bringing my total to 165 gallons for the year, including apfelwein and cider. And I spent Sunday at FedEx tailgating and watching those Dallass chumps get fuggin wrecked by my Skeenz.

:rockin:

i really need to keep better track of this. time to organize my brew closet, go through all my notes, go through the many forums, make a timeline and figure it out!

DeathBrewer said:
i really need to keep better track of this. time to organize my brew closet, go through all my notes, go through the many forums, make a timeline and figure it out!

Or just pony up the measly $20 for ProMash or beersmith.

I just started in mid-Dec...

5 gallons of Pale Ale
1.25 gallons of Apfelwein in a Mr. Beer fermenter.

Hopefully more to come and thanks to all who help on this site!

DeathBrewer said:
i have promash. i make tons of recipes...some i don't use. i guess i haven't looked into all its capabilities...does it have a calender or something?

You can create brew sessions where you can take notes on all aspects of the brew. You can edit ingredients (say if you have to make a substitution and don't want to change the master recipe), set up a mash schedule, calculate water needed, use the water profiler, calculate efficiency, track fermentation, calculate CO2 volumes for bottling/kegging, leave notes on mash, fermentation, tasting or problems, analyze your inventory and finalize (subtract used ingredients out of your) inventory.

Then go back and count up your brew sessions and figure out how many gallons you made.

I got another 10 in so I'm up to 215 for last year. I'm brewing up 12 gallons of stout this weekend to get this year started.

Well, let's see. Brewed to completion . . . naught, carry the naught . . . subtract seven . . . multiply by 42 (for obvious reasons) . . . answer: five gallons.

Hope to double it in January.

Rick

Back