TiltBridge - Tilt-to-WiFi Device for Tilt Hydrometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the moment, the only way to retain your settings would be to manually flash only the firmware partition using esptool. Unless you are already familiar with esptool I would say it’s generally more trouble than it’s worth.

With that in mind, unless you use MQTT or Grainfather you can probably skip this version. It’s the latest and greatest, but it’s not universally needed.

@Thorrak , But why does the OLED display on the ESP32 sitting on top of the fermentor,outside, show the Tilt's gravity that is in the conical? Also, Tiltbridge.local shows the Tilt hydrometer reading on any computer on my home network. But, Fermentrack does not show the reading of the Tilt (see my post above)
This readout diapered as soon as I closed up the fermentor from Open to a closed fermentation. I tried uninstall and then reinstall but still no reading on Fermentrack dashboards,
Thanks for your input and explaining this to me!
I had exactly the same issue as you described with my current batch. Having a TiltPro logging to Brewfather via Tiltbridge. After 8 days of loggin happily, Brewfather just stopped updating. Tried everything - restarting Tiltbridge, reattaching it to Brewfather, even tried second Tiltbridge I had lying around. Same results: Sg and temp on LCD screen, Sg, temp and battery age in tiltbridge.local but no logging to Brewfather. Last night I flashed the latest v1.2.2 version (up from v1.1.3) using BrewFlasher. Went through all initial setup stages. Happy to report that this solved the issue. It’s now logging again to the same batch 🙂
Just strange this happened during an active fermentation 🤔

I can only speculate as to what caused the issue you experienced, but I can confirm that the latest release contains a massive rewrite of the data sending code which fixed a number of problems - potential or otherwise - under the hood. Upgrading is definitely recommended if you have any problems with sending data.

Is there support for managing certs? Even better, for managing them programmatically? I use LetsEncrypt to generate a wildcard cert for all my internal services.

For the TiltBridge device web portal? No - but it doesn’t support HTTPS.

The TiltBridge configuration portal really shouldn’t be exposed to the open internet. The idea is that you set it up to point to an external service and then access that.

@Thorrak I am trying to login to an account I made some time ago. However, it says my email has not been verified, but I don't recall getting an email and I don't see an option to resend. Can you assist with this?

I am trying to login to https://tiltbridge.web.app and also the android app

Ahhh - understood. Those are (were?) maintained by @UncleD who unfortunately hasn’t been around as much as of late.

For the web app, I’m currently developing TiltBridge/gravity support for Fermentrack.net which will be the new, “native” cloud data target. This requires both a rewrite of chunks of TiltBridge as well as work in Fermentrack 2, so unfortunately it’s likely at least ~2 months away (though my schedule is going to be funky for the next month which could shift the timeline in either direction).

For the Android/iPhone apps, unfortunately no replacement is currently planned. I may be able to reach out to @UncleD and take over maintenance for those, but until I get Fermentrack 2 fully released, I won’t have bandwidth to make any updates/feature enhancements.

Ahhh - understood. Those are (were?) maintained by @UncleD who unfortunately hasn’t been around as much as of late.

For the web app, I’m currently developing TiltBridge/gravity support for Fermentrack.net which will be the new, “native” cloud data target. This requires both a rewrite of chunks of TiltBridge as well as work in Fermentrack 2, so unfortunately it’s likely at least ~2 months away (though my schedule is going to be funky for the next month which could shift the timeline in either direction).

For the Android/iPhone apps, unfortunately no replacement is currently planned. I may be able to reach out to @UncleD and take over maintenance for those, but until I get Fermentrack 2 fully released, I won’t have bandwidth to make any updates/feature enhancements.
@Thorrak I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Thank you for the overview and update.

I finally got around to updating - I use Grainfather. I went on https://web.brewflasher.com/ and used the Tiltbridge, ESP32 and Titlbridge v.1.2.2 OLED options. The update seemed to go fine, no error messages anyhow. Now, however, there is no display on the device - it's lit, but no text as before. Also it only seems to update in GF once. If I unplug it and plug it back in, it will update, but only once. I used the Tiltbridge for a full fermentation once before the update and it worked great. Any ideas on what might be wrong? Thanks!

I finally got around to updating - I use Grainfather. I went on https://web.brewflasher.com/ and used the Tiltbridge, ESP32 and Titlbridge v.1.2.2 OLED options. The update seemed to go fine, no error messages anyhow. Now, however, there is no display on the device - it's lit, but no text as before. Also it only seems to update in GF once. If I unplug it and plug it back in, it will update, but only once. I used the Tiltbridge for a full fermentation once before the update and it worked great. Any ideas on what might be wrong? Thanks!
Well, I re-flashed using the windows app and that went fine. However, the screen is still blank (though lit). I have discovered that the tracking will update on Grainfather only when I open the Tilt app on my phone. I tried re-setting up the wifi and it now says it has no internet (my wifi works just fine and the TiltBridge shows up on it).

Back